Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Slowing down of progress

Denise ∞
@denise
13 years ago
83 posts

It's been 11 months of no brushing now. Between month 4 and 7 my hair started dreading like crazy, but it appears to have slowed down a lot. When I look at my pics, there's not much difference between my 7 month and my 11 month picture.

My question is, does everyone have a period where dreading slows down a lot? Will there be another (dread) growth spurt? (I hope so :P )

updated by @denise: 02/14/15 01:24:00PM
Aika
@aika
13 years ago
57 posts

i was just wondering the same thing today! i used tnr, and it's only been 3 months, but the first two months were filled with lots of knotting and separating. i would wake up every morning to find new progress. but for the passed two weeks or so i havent noticed any changes. i'm thinking it has to do with the weather...but your slow period is a lot longer than mine so far so i doubt yours is about weather conditions. sorry im not helping really, haha, but you're definitely not alone in this question.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

as u near maturu=ity they change lest drasticly

but the growth will be gin soon as they settle into maturity they staert to get longer

how were yours started tho

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

i notice that with mine too. i had a really slow beginning so when it finally started to knot i thought it would just continue and shrink up like everyone elses. now at 14 months i'm still waiting. i have noticed some increase in knotting in the last couple of weeks though. i'm so eager for the shrinking phase though because some of my hair is almost down to my butt and its driving me nuts! lol:)

Denise ∞
@denise
13 years ago
83 posts

Most of my dreadies are nowhere near maturity yet though. I'm a slow dreader :P It's starting to shrink a little bit.... wait, I'll post a pic :)

soaring eagle said:

as u near maturu=ity they change lest drasticly

but the growth will be gin soon as they settle into maturity they staert to get longer

how were yours started tho

Denise ∞
@denise
13 years ago
83 posts

updated by @denise: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Denise ∞
@denise
13 years ago
83 posts

I started with neglect with some tnr on the side of my head.

Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts

Mine seemed to slow down around 11 months too, and really picked back up about month 13!

Denise ∞
@denise
13 years ago
83 posts

That's good to hear :)

Gabriel Beauchemin
@gabriel-beauchemin
13 years ago
50 posts

Denise, from the picture, for me, its look like they had a good changement :)

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form