dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Drying my Dreads takes soo loong....

Lazdaa
@lazdaa
13 years ago
81 posts

Hey

I usually wash em at about 4 a clock in the afternoon.. And sometimes when im on my way to bed, which probably is about 10-11 at the night, and some of them are still humid and something after several hours..

And some of my tips are blunted but not on purpose, they just blunted themself..

Any advice on this or anything?

updated by @lazdaa: 01/13/15 09:15:18PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

wash in the morning

then they have more hours to dry

sit in the sun when u can or by a fan

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lazdaa
@lazdaa
13 years ago
81 posts

Well, i really dont have the time in the morning since i got to school....

And the weather atm... Do the cold harm ur dreads if they are wet?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

if freezing yea so blow dry some when super cold

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
K.E.
@ke
13 years ago
35 posts

Wringe em out, wringe em out, wringe em out, wringe em out..

Hans Miniar Jónsson
@hans-miniar-jnsson
13 years ago
74 posts

Headbanging like mad to fling most of the water out speeds things up for me, but then, I have space to where throwing water around isn't a problem.

If it's really cold out (talking well below the point of freezing) make sure you cover 'em with something that insulates well if they're moist. I don't know how much damage frozen locks take, but it isn't worth risking.
I'm currently crocheting myself a nice big poofy hat from Icelandic wool for just that reason (gotta make it myself as my head's big to start with and there's no way I can get a hat that fits me and my locks locally... so... DIY!)

ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts

I got the idea on here to buy 2 sham wows and sew them together and use like a towel. It works really well, just wrap it on like a towel (not super tight) and leave it till you get dressed and most water is absorbed. Then I blow dry off and on til totally dry.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form