Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreads tangled together... can i untangle them somehow?

pokolo
@pokolo
13 years ago
59 posts

so yeah

been growing for dreads for over a year now

started using dr bronner's a while back and it has worked

anyway, i was over a friend's house the other day and she said i need to start twisting them so they don't all turn into one giant dread

so she started helping me with it when she noticed my dreads have started doing that in some places

on the front left side i have what looks like about 5 dreads growing into one

and in the back she says it looks like i am starting to grow a beaver tail... which i do NOT want!

is there anything i can do? she suggested cutting them to separate them... but what else are my options?

i can take pictures if it helps!

updated by @pokolo: 02/14/15 03:48:55AM
Lazdaa
@lazdaa
13 years ago
81 posts

Try to post a pic here, might help the visualitiation, but otherwise i only tried to that were growing together at the roots, i just pulled the hair seperating them, took a while and it was a bit painfull but i worked.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

do noyt twist them just seperate them often u should week;y or after every wash while wet

u never should twist them though thats bad advise

pull them in oposite directions

if they wiont come loose when wet try lil olive oil on the connecting hairs try wiggling a finger iunder a few g=hairs at a time and pull up and oi=]ut

only as a very last resort should u cut and do so extremelu carefully with a razor or exacto blade opulling the dreads apart and surgicly slicing a few haitrs at a time till they do rip apaert

then start ripping often

but dint twist!

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
pokolo
@pokolo
13 years ago
59 posts

here are some pics

pokolo
@pokolo
13 years ago
59 posts

btw how exactly do i go about "seperating" them, what is the best way to do this? how long do i mess with them for?

Bree White
@bree-white
13 years ago
1 posts

NEVER CUT YOUR DREADS!!!!!!!!!! if u grab the dreads individually u can tear them apart, or even just snap the pieces of hair, holding few strands at a time over ur index and middle finger use your thumb and use ur thumb pushing thestrands through ur middle and index finger should break the strands... but i repeat never ever cut your dreads!! it can be very dangerous for your dreads, hope this helps... if u ned any more help u can always shoot me a message

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

in the drop down menu is a ripping/popping/seperating guide

but its really simple pure instinct take 2 dreads that are connecting and oull in oposite directions to rip the cionnecting hair

di=o it often and theres no pain let it go too long and..ouch

do it when wet

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea those pics look like u let it go a klong time and the sections are pretty huge too

u definately dont want to twist em but start seperating and keep seperating they already will be big fatties u dont want to let any get any bigger

--
Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

separate often, show your babies love and they will love you back.

pokolo
@pokolo
13 years ago
59 posts

so is it gonna be possible to unseperate these fatties? particularly the front left side i showed you and the beaver tail thing i got going in the back?

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form