Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Making My Hair Smell Fantastic: 2 Possible Solutions (Leave in Treatment w/ BS/ACV and Conditioning w/ Shampoo Bars?)

Samalamajam
@samalamajam
13 years ago
14 posts

So, I have 2 questions, one regarding making my hair smell better in combination with BS/ACV and the other regarding the dreadlockshampoo.com dread bars.

Before I started dreading I read that other people missed the smell of freshly shampooed hair. I never thought that this would be an issue for me, but after 2 months of dreading and compulsively smelling my boyfriend after he gets out of the shower, I must say, I miss my hair smelling like something fantastic. So, I think I have come up with two possible solutions:

I have been washing with the BS/ACV (plus tea tree, rosemary and lavender oils) and loving it. However I get out of the shower smelling like nothing just...hair. Clean hair, but regardless just...plain hair smell. :(

First Question: Would it do any harm if I used a jojoba, peppermint, rosemary and rose water spray after I took a shower?
I figure it will be beneficial in 3 ways:
1) jojoba: conditioning and help with oiliness
2) peppermint & rose water: smell fantastic
4) rosemary: dandruff.

Second Quesiton: Also, after reading such great remarks from SE's discussion about dreadlockshampoo.com and their scents I'm taking the leap and bought the peppermint shampoo. Is it necessary to condition after using their shampoos? Either with ACV or anything else? Maybe Aloe? I'm worried (in the long run) about the strength of my hair and it breaking off if I decide to use this shampoo without a conditioner.

updated by @samalamajam: 01/13/15 09:15:08PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

the shampoo is all u need but why are u conditioning at 4 months that will slow progress alot

i conditioned alot with the bs/acv but after using the shampoo bars haqvent had to cause my hairs just real healthy

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Samalamajam
@samalamajam
13 years ago
14 posts

I've only been dreading for 2 months actually :) and the only conditioning I have done so far is with the ACV rinse with essential oils. My question was basically: does the formula for my leave in "smell-good" treatment sound alright?

And thank you for the answer to the bar shampoo question.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

the jojoba would be disasterouse for 2 month old dreads

if u get the bar that will take care iof u u wo=ill sleep cuddling yoir dreads to your nose tho i wouldnt get the pepermint unless u want to be clearing your sinuses have watering eyes and be kept wide awake by it the nag champa or dragons blood id recomend pepermint stimulates the mucouse membranes and clears sinuses and tear ducts and congestion and gives u that stimulating tibngle

the others smell heavenly

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

the bars and liquid have beer in the ingredients. beer is a natural conditioner of sorts. it has vitamin B which helps repair damaged hair. my mom used to do beer rinses in the 60's. she said it made her hair soft and shiny.

Samalamajam
@samalamajam
13 years ago
14 posts

Fantastic to know that there is a conditioner already in the soap! Before I started dreading I used peppermint shampoo which is why I love it. Unfortunately I already ordered the peppermint. At least I already have horrible allergies and I go around 24/7 congested so maybe the peppermint will be a good thing for me. :) I'll definitely look into the other scents after I use this bar.

And I'll remove the jojoba from my homemade concoction until my baby dreadies are more mature and that's even if it's necessary then.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form