Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

louse in dreads or mould in dread and how to treat

dani2
@dani2
15 years ago
51 posts
not having louse or mould, but yes would truly love to know, what to do, as i know many with dreads, and yes its quit common here in holland to get louse (special with kids and school) , hehe only talking about it, makes me itching lolwould love to have a topic, where we have like problems and how to fix thisas it is my first discussion i add, hope i done it ok, and no double postmuch thanks for answering
updated by @dani2: 02/14/15 05:31:13AM
dani2
@dani2
15 years ago
51 posts
o smile just found a topic witch might answer my question about mould in dreads http://dreadlockforums.ning.com/forum/topics/musty-smelling-hair i think also that with washing such often, special when you live in a cold and wet country, and special with long an big dreads, might not such handy, as dreads are such different and we live in all different countrys you have to choose your own way, how often you might have to wash it
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
yes washing less lets them dry betterloose..neem seed oilit stinks but works dani said:
o smile just found a topic witch might answer my question about mould in dreads

http://dreadlockforums.ning.com/forum/topics/musty-smelling-hair

i think also that with washing such often, special when you live in a cold and wet country, and special with long an big dreads, might not such handy, as dreads are such different and we live in all different countrys you have to choose your own way, how often you might have to wash it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
dani2
@dani2
15 years ago
51 posts
lets find out what you mean with seed oili found a side but written in dutch, do you mean the Black seed oil from egypt ?would this oil harm the dreads?i have once heard about a treatment with theetreeoil, and when my other sista had louse (not the one who cut her dreads) she bought the chemical stuff, but yes she told me that this was hurting the dreads very much, but yes very lucky, she have strong hair and they survived the treatment,
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i had the chems forced on my when i didnt even have bugs and it made my scalp bleed http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/learn/oilprofile/neem_oil.php neem seed oilteatree oil can help prevent them but wont dso nuthin to get rids of em once u got em dani said:
lets find out what you mean with seed oil
i found a side but written in dutch, do you mean the Black seed oil from egypt ?
would this oil harm the dreads?

i have once heard about a treatment with theetreeoil, and when my other sista had louse (not the one who cut her dreads) she bought the chemical stuff, but yes she told me that this was hurting the dreads very much, but yes very lucky, she have strong hair and they survived the treatment,

--
dani2
@dani2
15 years ago
51 posts
yes much thanks again in clearing this up, yes very happy that i do not have, but yes good to know what to do in case soyeah, love all animals but when they come and jump on me, i will use that oil for sure :))think also i will use it by my kids too in case they get, who have straight hair, such a pity that they do not want dreads, lol, it seems to me better than the chemical stuffheard too that the louse are getting stronger here and that they are getting resistance for treatments too
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
follow that with straight undiluted apple cidar vinagar soak a good while .. repeat both treatments every few days to break the germination cycle dani said:
yes much thanks again in clearing this up, yes very happy that i do not have, but yes good to know what to do in case so

yeah, love all animals but when they come and jump on me, i will use that oil for sure :))

think also i will use it by my kids too in case they get, who have straight hair, such a pity that they do not want dreads, lol, it seems to me better than the chemical stuff
heard too that the louse are getting stronger here and that they are getting resistance for treatments too

--
dani2
@dani2
15 years ago
51 posts
yes and might i think you have to use it again after like 2 weeksto make sure, as some eggs could survivealso i want to point out here, in case you get you have to wash all, bed, clothes, jackets, special the teddy toys from the little one, in case you got a car, yes you have to wash washor leave the place alone like for 2 weeksalso like 48 hours in a freezing cel would kill the lousewe got this problem here in holland and its very common you seeand usually they say, how cleaner your head is how more the louse love you
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i was gonna say that too wash everything including your car seatsand if u seal up your car 2 weeks they diei knew freezing worked or heard that but didnt know it hadta be 48 hours i remember 1 guy lating in a freezing mountain stream hoping to kill em but was numb in 20 minutres so stopped

--
dani2
@dani2
15 years ago
51 posts
o lol, i feel itching when i talk to much about louseo gosh 20 min is loooooooooooooong in a freezing mountain stream brrrrrrrrrr, now i get it cold too:)))
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form