Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Losing a bit of hope on my dreads

Josh6
@josh6
13 years ago
53 posts

Im at a month and a half now (started oct 15) using the neglect method. My hair is pretty thin and I'm worried that it won't work for me. I haven't noticed any significant knotting in the past month.

The best way I can describe it is that my hair isseparatedinto several hundred little sections of baby dreads. Every time that I wash my hair (every 3-4 days, using BS rosemary and tea tree) and shake it out, I notice the same amount of sections of hair. They don't seem to be getting bigger, mixing together, or tangling much at all.

I'm hoping I'm just being nervous and impatient. Hopefully somebody on this site has had the same issue as me and can talk me out of it.

Heres a couple pictures - 1.5 months

updated by @josh6: 02/14/15 11:00:14AM
Matt Matt
@matt-matt
13 years ago
25 posts

It's only been a month! Just keep at it. All hair dreads. Because your hair's thin, it will probably take a bit longer but it'll knot in time. Just gotta be patient.

Cindy Bage
@cindy-bage
13 years ago
6 posts

here is where I got mine from :

http://aloeverafarms.com/originals.htm

I bought the gel in a 32 oz. size. It has a 2 year refrigerated shelf life so that will be all I would need unless I decide to add it into something to drink.

I have only used it a few times as I have fairly thin blonde hair and aloe does have a conditioning effect so use it very sparingly to help tame the fuzziness when I really need to.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

did he ask about aloe? i would absolutely not use aloe if its dreading slow use sea salt

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Cindy Bage
@cindy-bage
13 years ago
6 posts

dang I had 3 different posts open n posted it on the wrong one ..sry

Dreadfern
@dreadfern
13 years ago
21 posts

Hey man! We went neglect on the exact same day!!! :) and my hair looks almost the exact same. I TnR'd just a couple out of curiosity and those are doing well but for the most part I am in the same boat. Keep at it, we can do thiss :D

Dreadfern
@dreadfern
13 years ago
21 posts

my hair is really thin as well. just gotta be patient

Josh6
@josh6
13 years ago
53 posts

Thanks Dreadfern.

also thanks SE, ill try sea salt and see what that does

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

a month and a half? i have thin hair too and its really resistant to knotting. it took a good 5 months for me to start knotting. i'm 14 months now and still have a lot of unknotted hair. its frustrating but it will happen at some point.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
13 years ago
2,702 posts

lol. 1 month is not very long. Sorry, I don't mean to laugh, but it was almost a year for me before I could say I really had locks. maybe 6 months before they started to even look like something other than nappy hair. Give it more time. Patience is the key for this journey

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form