Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Visual Differences: Natural dreads vs all the other methods

Samalamajam
@samalamajam
13 years ago
14 posts

Is there a way to visually tell how someone has started their dreads? I've seen dreads that are started with a felting needle and how uniform they are (so they're pretty easy to spot). But I've been looking at pictures on the internet and trying to guess (just as a game for myself).

Anyone tried this in real life or searching pictures on the internet?

Thoughts?

updated by @samalamajam: 01/13/15 09:14:40PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

felting needle is the absolute wqorse thung u can do and they probly wont last 3 months or do you mean crochet hook

which yea makes em look very fake and odviosly manufactured

backcomb is easy to spot early on then if its waxed or over maintained remains looking manufactured tnr looks fairly natural only the sectioning will give it away typicaly when mature

naturallooks the most natural diferent sizes shapes more interesting and unique

tho tnr abnd bc can become more natural looking u can usualy spot the diference if you know what to look for but the diference can be subtle if they were left to go bnatural after a klight tnr or bc

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
west of tazzmania
@west-of-tazzmania
13 years ago
20 posts

natural locks usually looks more untamed like dreadlocks. twist look more manicured sometimes with defined patternsseparatingthe hair.

Evelyn Maes
@evelyn-maes
13 years ago
30 posts

Mine were made with crochet hook and are also in different shapes and sizes and thickness. So that is not a fact for telling they ate natural. I think if you have them for like 2 years you can't tell it how they were made to start with. Only if they continue maintaining them with a crochet hook or something.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form