Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Drying dreadlocks after washing

eLPea
@elpea
13 years ago
17 posts

How do you guys dry your hair after a wash?

In the summertime I usually just go outside for a while, but now that the weather is turning I'm having to go back to hot air methods. Bummer.

Occasionally to quick-dry I will wring out my locks with a towel and then blow dry them on a low setting. It can take up to 40 minutes to get them totally dry, and often I will think they're dry but after putting them up I feel that vaguely itchy/cold feeling that I know means there was some moisture left in there that is now seeping through.

My favorite hot-air method to dry my locks is to sit in front of my space heater on a low setting. It is perfect for circulating dry, hot air indirectly, making for a more even and thorough drying method. Sometimes I will make a little tent with a towel over the heater and my locks to speed up the process - making sure to keep the intake uncovered so I don't start a fire!!

Anyone else ever tried something similar with a space heater? How do you dry your locks?

updated by @elpea: 01/13/15 09:14:37PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

sun when i can sometu=imes by a fire (in the woods) in winter i blow dry in quick bursts spread out over the whole day when i get a chill i bliew a min or 2 the rest of the time i just have a fan on and turn the heat up a few degreews

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kare T
@kare-t
13 years ago
83 posts

I like to use a extra towel and put it around my neck so my hair is dripping all onto towel.

then go walk or something.

sometimes ill be cold enough to sit in front of a space heater, man thats nice sometimes when its real cold.

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

most days i sit in the sun to dry. even this time of year in california its still warm enough to dry in the sun. you could always get a bonnet attatchment for your blowdryer. something like this http://tinyurl.com/833phox

ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts

I sewed 2 shamwows together to soak up extra water (used like a towel) then I blow dry, go about my business, blow dry, do some work...till it's dry']

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form