Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

March 2012 I'll be wearing an orange in my hair

Angel Frye
@angel-frye
13 years ago
409 posts

So when I started on my dread journey a few weeks ago I decided that I'm going to let my sons get in on the action so they can enjoy the process just as much as I will. I let them root around in my hair a few minutes yesterday and find 'their' lock. You know, the one lock they loved above all the others. This one belongs to them and is dedicated to them. It's only been two and a half weeks and my hair is already very separated so this was a fun thing for them to do(check out my profile pics) as they love playing with my curls anyway.

They each chose one lock they loved the most. I'm keeping track of it and letting them monitor it's 'growth.' Anyway, about the orange I'll be wearing. My eldest(11 yo) decided that this junky little orange(fruit) charm he bought in a tourist trap store a while back would look just LOVELY in "his" lock. Okaaay. So after much thought I decided that we'll hold off on attaching this beauty until around St. Patrick's Day in 2012. That way I can do a yarn wrap of it with green, white, and orange. The Irish will be supporting the citrus industry in my hair next year. Can't wait. I promise I'll take lots of pics and post them here for all to see.

And so it goes. The boys are putting together a collection of all the things they want to decorate 'their' lock with once they're mature enough to hold wraps and beads and things. I'm drawing the line, though, at sticks and rocks.

updated by @angel-frye: 01/13/15 09:14:33PM
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts

that is adorable! my daughter loves the frog bead in my hair and says it's "eating" my hair all of the time, and she just LOVES playing with my hair!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

aww thasts so cool but whats wrong with sticks and rocks?

or..well stones

i had a hollowed out "beaver stick" (a stick chewed smooth by a beaver) in 1 dread and stones well had plenty of em a hematite ruing a rose quartz ring several crystals attached to wraps..u name it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Angel Frye
@angel-frye
13 years ago
409 posts

I don't think there's anything wrong with stones as long as they're not ehh... boulders. But my kids don't understand the meaning of the word 'moderation.' It's a foreign language to them. I gave them the boundary of "nothing over a half an inch" and my youngest brings back this monster piece of quartz rock the size of his fist. Sorry, babe. That's not going in momma's hair. I need to be able to walk upright.

The frog is adorable, Shanxon! And a beaver stick! how cool is that?!

I can picture what my youngest is going to try to do with his cat whisker collection. (Back story: my tuxedo cat uses my bed as a whisker graveyard. He rubs his face on my comforter and .... yeah. It's weird. I find whiskers all the time on it.) He's going to try sticking them in my hair so the cat has possession of one of my locks too. I can see it. I know it's going to happen...

Gilly's Mum
@gillys-mum
12 years ago
25 posts

AWWWW This is too cute for words! I love it and cant wait to see your orange lol

Erin2
@erin2
12 years ago
29 posts

That's so adorable! I've put all kinds of weird things in my hair over the years- rusty nuts (the ones that go over screws), wire, pieces of computer board, feathers, leather cording, yarn, bones.

I'd love to see the random stuff kids would use. They have such powerful imaginations.

Angel Frye
@angel-frye
12 years ago
409 posts

I haven't done the embroidery wrap yet with orange, white, and green. Working on it. Got ten different things going on right now. But I did mange to slip on my new beads and snap a few pics. Appropriately enough, they're both green.

updated by @angel-frye: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form