Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreading methods in the order youd recomend

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
simply list the dreading methods in the order you would recommend themmy list1 natural/neglect/freeform2modified natural (beads wraps finger teasing mindless playing with em)3 twist n rip twist n neglect (for african hair, no products except aloe)4 backcomb very lightly then neglect5 braid bead and neglect6 palm rolling rubbing , any form of manhandling7tight backcombing8 dreaded apparatuses (dread tools crochet hooks felting needles including sewing9 products and kits waxes and dread perms ..lumping them all together cause theyre equaly bad10 salons and locticians (unless u find that 1 in a million that is ethical)11 anything else that makes no sense eggs honey glue latex dogshit going months without washing toothpaste12 becomming homeless and/or mentaly illok make your list be honest in how you would recommend whatever methods

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/14/15 03:51:29AM
RBN
@rbn
15 years ago
50 posts
for me, i think backcombing method is the best. i used it. it has worked. now im just leaving them to do what thyey want, but seperating them once in a while. im thinking of putting beads in places where there is frizz so that the beads hold the frizz together with the dread. good or bad idea?
☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
15 years ago
183 posts
1. Neglect ( if your in the right environment and hair type)2. Twist and Rip and Neglect ( My hair would never dread on its own... I have to help baby dreads along )
Nick2
@nick2
15 years ago
10 posts
BackcombingNeglectRip n Twist
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
I could see that going either way. The bead could hold the frizz to the hair foricing knots, or the bead could immobilize the whole dread in thatspot which would prevent or slow knotting. Only one way to find out ;-) RBN said:
for me, i think backcombing method is the best. i used it. it has worked. now im just leaving them to do what thyey want, but seperating them once in a while. im thinking of putting beads in places where there is frizz so that the beads hold the frizz together with the dread. good or bad idea?
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
RBN said:
I've got a few beads on one dread that really kinda helped with what you're describing, I wasn't trying to force the frizzy hairs to get back in there but over time its kinda helping it out alot,on topic- I think the curlier your hair is the better neglect works for you,back combings my 2nd, I'd probably do it more with a more aggressive approach than a lighter though.
☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
15 years ago
183 posts
In the approach of twist and rip you have to do it several times and I basically got the same look as back combed but did not ahve to attack my hair with a comb again... I start near the roots and move down when I start to get a good fuzz patch going... Izzy-licious said:
1. Neglect ( if your in the right environment and hair type)
2. Twist and Rip and Neglect ( My hair would never dread on its own... I have to help baby dreads along )
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
personaly for mje there is no other way but natural.. but thats for me..when recomending for others it is what id recomend trying and then onmly if a real try does nothing then step down the ladder a rung to twist n rip etci think alotta ppl take the oposite approach go for the worse most dammaging in an attempt to hurry it1st instinct, salon the worse way to go.. 2nd a kit full of gunk sharp metal teeth rotting ruber bands and complicated instructionsthen crochet backcomb backciomb roll rub roll ra ra ra (srry goin with the flow) then twist n rip the tips and finaly just let it all go..

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Daniel
@daniel
15 years ago
118 posts
i started with backcombing which failed miserably. Then i just let the sections form into baby neglect dreads and twist and ripped the ones that were still loose hair.so whatever method that is worked pretty well so far
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
Pretty much the same for me, especially the failing miserably part lol.I didnt do any twist n rip though. I thought about it but its just easier to throw them under a tam. I was worried about having too few if I tried to section them myself since I have fine hair so I'm gonna let my hair decide where it wants to go and let the loose hairs fill in the gaps Daniel said:
i started with backcombing which failed miserably. Then i just let the sections form into baby neglect dreads and twist and ripped the ones that were still loose hair.

so whatever method that is worked pretty well so far
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form