dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

2+ years! (last page for most recent)

Steven Wind
@steven-wind
13 years ago
62 posts

Hey, all!

It's been 3 months and 4 days since I stopped brushing my hair and just wanted to give an update on my progress and see what others have to say about it.

Not exactly sure if this is the appropriate place for this topic or not, but SE can move it if need be.

WhenI first started out, I was doing the sea salt spray along with the BS wash, but what I had started doing initially was spraying the seasalt in and leaving it in until my next wash <.< which was sometimes a few days. Then SE told me I shouldn't do this.

So all I do now is a BS wash. I sometimes do a Dr. Bronner mix (peppermint, which is awesome), but not always.

I know the back doesn't look like it's doing much progress, but underneath the top layer, there's some nice babies forming. I have one in particular (which was my first baby to begin with) that kind of spiraled into itself from the bottom, and now another real thin baby has looped into it, so I'm excited to see where that goes.

What do you guys think about the progress? Again, it's only been 3 months, and maybe my hair's a little flat today or something, but I think I'm on the right track :)

Edit:

Here's my hair lifted, along with the baby I was talking about:

updated by @steven-wind: 02/14/15 03:24:37AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

its going well ill move it to timelines section

the sea salts a help just can really over dry if u leave it in days at a time so insteAd do it b4 u wash a couple hours b4 u wash

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Steven Wind
@steven-wind
13 years ago
62 posts

I just always forget to do the sea salt, is all. I -would- spray it in a few hours before I wash my hair, but I try to not think too much about my hair other than when I'm about to take a shower. I forgot to mention, I do add a tablespoon of sea salt to my BS wash, though. It seems to be working. I'm not necessarily making fast progress, but it's a journey, and I'm feeling a lot more confident with myself, and my appearance :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

how much water? u can maybe make it lil stroinger but thats all u need is adding it to the bs that works just fine

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Steven Wind
@steven-wind
13 years ago
62 posts

I use a little over a cup of water, 1 tablespoon BS, 1 tablespoon sea salt. I experimented with using more sea salt in the beginning, but I realized that if I use more than a tablespoon, I get this white gunk on my scalp, when I scratch my scalp, so I decreased it to 1 tablespoon.

I also add tea tree, lavendar, and ylang ylang essential oils every so often. It's my mom's, though, so I try not to use it too often.

Freehead
@freehead
13 years ago
19 posts

hi i get the stuff on my head as well from the salt, weli thought it was the salt at first, then i thought it was the bs not being able to get it out properly, but maybe is the salt. So now u use less salt do you get the white stuff at all?? on my head its like a dry layer and each time i wash the top few inches of my hair get stiffer. Acouple ofweeks ago i useded someAbenidreadlock shampoo to wash it off as was annoying me, it all came off nice and i had a nice clean head but my hair wasnt so separated andwavey like its been just using the bs,and took a couple of washes after to go back to the same separation. Is just over 5 weeks since stopped touching my hair, will post some pictures on my time line later so u can have a look!

Steven Wind
@steven-wind
13 years ago
62 posts

I still get the white flaky stuff, but I've heard that it's justnormal, so I don't really worry about it.

Anyway, I'm almost at 4 months, one week shy, so I decided I'd take a few pictures of my best dread.

updated by @steven-wind: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

awesome man, i reallly like your progress!!!! i know what you mean by not trying to think about it to much. i use the famous dreadlocks shampoo, and ive notice my dandruff decreasing each wash my personal experience with it so far for about a month..somthing you might want to look into?

Freehead
@freehead
13 years ago
19 posts

Thats a cool one, I stared using Abeni shampoo and my hair feels much better and cleaner and is tangling up waymore.

Steven Wind
@steven-wind
13 years ago
62 posts

Update, Four Months!

:)

Thoughts? I think they're improving :D

updated by @steven-wind: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus