dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Not Enough Dreads?

Mark Perry
@mark-perry
13 years ago
3 posts

Hi peoples

I'm new to the site and was wondering if anyone could help me and my mini crisis of conscience.

Right so i just recently had my hair dreaded by a good friend of mine an her bf, they did a grand job an i was pretty darn pleased with the results, however after a day or 2 i started to notice the majority of my dreads were of varying thickness and mostly randomly placed. So as i am a stickler for symmetry, I, my mother and a friend un-did a few and tidied them up a bit...

My problem now is...i only have 17 dreads, iv been looking around and apparently "thick" dreads are between 20 and 30 in number?, now i wanted thick dreads but am i going to end up with massive dreads and huge bald places where there is no hair? or am i being paranoid?

all help greatly appreciated =D

updated by @mark-perry: 01/13/15 09:14:01PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

they will be huge and u used dreadhead products if u used wax u should start over anyways and they should never be symetrical and uniform they should be random sizes and placements

but we need to know what products u used cause if u used dreadheadehq crap and your only dayus in then you absolutely should start iover right waqx is a dread killer

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

in this pic i had somewhere around 200 i since let alot (all) congo into about 50ish

all diferenct sizes no symetry as it should be they blend tiniest was thickness of a dime..on its side about the thickness oh the letter l on your screen that was 3 congoed into 1 too

thickest an inch (thickest u should ever want after that they take ages to dry)

iin 18 years (at this pics point) several acidently congoed

if u have 1 acidental congo it will be the size of tyour shoulder!

huuugve

u cant always avoid congos

but u can allow too thin ov=nes to congo later if u want thicker

but once u start thick if they congo your screwed

id start over wax free with 40-50 or so

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Mark Perry
@mark-perry
13 years ago
3 posts

yea i thought they might be massive, i want thick dreads cuz im not a massive fan of the thinner ones but i'll defo start over and create more of them.

iv never used wax on them, an didnt intend to, i prefer the natural method mostly. I used the anti-residue shampoo before my hair was dreaded, aint washed em in 5days, i used the accelerator during the dreading an the peppa, but thats it, nothing else was used in my hair. i'll definitely start them over again, thanks for the feedback

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

dont use the peopopa throw it away try twist n rip send the loose hair tool back..and serry bout the panic and saying u had to start iover cause u used the products only the wax would make u have to start over ,...or too huge sexctioning

if u like natural why not go naturalk?

by the way the 10 dollor accelerator is 2 cents worth of sea salt.. thats it..

u can buy a bag of sea salt and make hundreds of bottles for less

--
Mark Perry
@mark-perry
13 years ago
3 posts

Right so definitely starting over now! haha, the dreads in your picture are about the thickness id like, of course that also comes with the thinner ones as well.

tomorrow i'll remove them and start them properly, 40-50 sounds like a better number than 17 to me, i never knew they could grow so thick, pays to do more research, especially with a decision like this. i thank you very much for your time and help =), and i'll make sure not to use wax or have my thick ones congo on me haha

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

remember the root area will determine the mature dreads thickness more or less when u make a dread by force they will be waty thinner then the mature dread (well natural dreads tyhicken as well)

a 1 inch sections pretty thick for a dread 1/2 inch medium 1/4 inch thin micro dreads are like 1/8 inch or thinner

now i know ppl with massive ui=unidreads that are like.. thigh thick but they take extra special care to avoid mold and can cause painful pulling and just are extra hardto care forr

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form