Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

washing only with water

Gabriel Beauchemin
@gabriel-beauchemin
13 years ago
50 posts

I met a girl today. She said me that she didnt use shampoo in her head for 2 years. Her hair was really not oiled. They looked more clean than most of the girls. She said me that thats when you wash your hair with shamppo that your hair replies by making oil to balance it. I think this is true because before I was wahing my hair each day and they before oiled much faster than right now. She say that if you wash your air only with water, after 1 month your hair stop to produce oil.

updated by @gabriel-beauchemin: 01/13/15 09:13:47PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

thats true but water sure wont get dreads too clean

the baking soda sdors without stripping oils that way

if u do use shampoo wash less to be less oily washing every day makes u much oilier

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

Do you believe everything you hear? I am not trying to be rude, honestly. But first you brush your teeth with Irish Spring and now you think that just water will clean your hair. Where do you draw the line? If I told you to poke a sharp stick in your eye to become enlightened...would you do it?

Gabriel Beauchemin
@gabriel-beauchemin
13 years ago
50 posts

Hi Panterra,

I draw the line where truth is. And if i don,t know where it is, i try to foind it. I wouldnt sharp stick in my eye because I now t is stupid, I don't feel there's truth in it. And Panterra, it is not false. If you has seen her hair...she hadnt wash with shampoo for 2 years and they were not oily at all.

If you want to stay in your confortably zone alright. But me I want my life to be magical and its work all right for now. For some time, i began to brush my teeth with dr bronners, it doesnt wash better than my last soap but its easier to just throw some drop on my toothbrush.

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

Okay, here is some truth for you...I have been a hair professional for 31 years. And the guideline for having "clean" hair is not lack of oil. Hair by its very nature is very dirty and filled with bacteria. The reason we even have hair on our bodies is to act as a type of net to catch and collect bacteria, so that it stays out of our essential areas. You have no idea what you are talking about...atleast on this subject. When you don't wash your hair, you bring harmful germs and enviromental pollutants into your home and bed. I don't think smelling like a sewer and encouraging disease to take root in my body is "magical".

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

2 things bronners is made to be used as multi purpose including toothpaste and is pure and safe to use..irish spring on the other hand is now..

but hair its true that reduced shampoos lessen oil production cause most shampoos when washing away dirt wash away oils which trigger more oil production..but water wont remove dirt..or bacteria very e3effectively

so what u want ideally is to remove dirt and bacteria while kleaving some healthy oilds behind so u dont trigger the over production of oils .. so u want to wash with sokmethuing that cleans..a shampoo or the baking soda just not every day and prefereabble not soething that srtrips all the oils away

bs tends to clean the oils leavinfg some

but u do absolutely want to wash away dirt and gernms

panteras also cirect about hair having a purpose thats why thisa whole shaving the pubes thig is silly they are meant to be there to colect bacteria and keep em out of..as she said sensative areas

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Gabriel Beauchemin
@gabriel-beauchemin
13 years ago
50 posts

Yes I agree. The girl said that she will probably begin to wash her hair with shampoo one time each two week to evit some skin disease I think she said.

Thank you!

Gabe McCoy
@gabe-mccoy
13 years ago
120 posts

I don't know how anyone has ever thought it was a good idea to wash with just water. Do these people stop believing in dirt and air polluntants? What did you tell that chick to get her to see that washing your hair is necessary?

eLPea
@elpea
13 years ago
17 posts

I often just rinse ("wash without soap") a few times a week out of convenience. It takes a bit of time to mix together the baking soda and oils that I use, and then again to dilute the ACV for a rinse, and then make sure all of that is rinsed out at the end. Sometimes, I just want to get my hair wet, squeeze it out, and give the scalp a nice rub with some water to displace any built up oils or dirt.

While I wouldn't say ditching the cleansers all together is the best idea, in my personal experience using only water is a decent way to refresh your scalp and dreads.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form