Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Things dont seem right..? help me

Lena fellenius
@lena-fellenius
13 years ago
9 posts

Hello! everyone my names lena, iv had my dreads for almost 3 months now, and i love them! but the back of my head is starting to look very haggard and so does the right side of my head. i can post pictures because its really hard for me to explain whats going on. i twisted and ripped all my dreads my self. they look find from the front, and there a few on the right side of my head that stick out and look just awkward. please help me out.
as you can see, the left side, looks fuller and much nicer then the other two. what can be done to fix this without having to take out my wonderful dreads?

updated by @lena-fellenius: 01/13/15 09:13:43PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

they look ok but.. i think what u got is really big sections and the roots matting together needing seperation?

at a guess how bigs the biggest section..at the roots how manty dreads total

do some thourough seperating get some loose hairs going between the dreads to form new dreads eventualy between them

have u done anything besides tnr>/

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lena fellenius
@lena-fellenius
13 years ago
9 posts
i havnt done anything else, and i have about 50 dreads, to estimate, and the biggest section to my best guessing skills are about 2 inches wide. and the matting at my roots has gotten so bad im afraid, im not sure how to separate them anymore, its extreamly painful when i rip them apart.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

u put 2 discussions same content 2 diferent titkles ..and both in introduce yourself i'm moving this 1 to help save my dreads i guess or maintenance closing the other

butttt

i think part of what u got going on is the back and right u sleep on so are maturing faster looping at the roots will shrink sooner too

but u do have thick sections too it seeems and the roots may need some more seperatiin

--
Lena fellenius
@lena-fellenius
13 years ago
9 posts

im aware, i made a mistake and i deleted the other dissucsion. sorry. so how should i go about seperating my roots then? and should i start sleeping on the left side now then?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i see u deleted the other b4 i could but ok

seperate when wet! seperate often if its real bad put oliucve oil on the conecting hairs

try getting a few hairs loose at a time till u get enough to rip wem

if u rip often when wet theres nearly no pain at all

u may need to very carefully cut a few hairs till u can riip

2 inches is huge

1 inch is a fat dread

Lena fellenius said:

i havnt done anything else, and i have about 50 dreads, to estimate, and the biggest section to my best guessing skills are about 2 inches wide. and the matting at my roots has gotten so bad im afraid, im not sure how to separate them anymore, its extreamly painful when i rip them apart.

--
Canon P
@canon-p
13 years ago
50 posts

doing a bit of sherlock holmsing: you sleep on your right side and your right handed :P

but seriously, dreads are wierd. just. dont. mess with them. and they wont mess with you!

Lena fellenius
@lena-fellenius
13 years ago
9 posts

im actaully left handed, nice work there xD but no i washed them and used somescissorsto cut thru the extreamly matted parts. there looking and feeling alot better.

Canon P said:

doing a bit of sherlock holmsing: you sleep on your right side and your right handed :P

but seriously, dreads are wierd. just. dont. mess with them. and they wont mess with you!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

ok jhust dont cut no more seperate more often..whilre wet its easy

--
veggiemonster
@veggiemonster
13 years ago
7 posts

I had the same problem with mine when I started... Mine were like that because I made too big of sections when I first started. I ended up combing out about five of my bigger dreads and just starting over with those ones, making like two or three out of each one that looked really awkward. It hurt to comb 'em out but now a week later they already look MUCH better, my scalp doesn't look so awkward anymore. Good luck!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form