Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

best way to dread

teresa ball
@teresa-ball
13 years ago
8 posts

ellow mellow's i have this great urge to dread my hair,really have thought long and hard about it much to my familys dismay lol,but i still want to do it,someone did say they would do it for me but it's a crochet method just wondered what people think of this method i am a bit comfused as some people say it ruins the hair and others say it's the best way but i dont know now.reall ywould like to start dreading in the new yr but not sure which way any info would be faberooney thankyou.xxxxx

updated by @teresa-ball: 01/13/15 09:13:34PM
Dizzie Devil
@dizzie-devil
13 years ago
18 posts

At the end of the day, you need to do whats best for you. Crocheting is damaging, it breaks your hair while thrusting it into already locked hair. so instead of having knotted whole strands of hair, you have loose broken pieces in the lock, which creates the fuzziness and will eventually degrade the integrity of your locks....

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

crochets a horible very damaging method that takes a long long time to recover from

the best way is the natural method let the hair dread uitself

if you wanted dreads for years then thats the way to dread

next best twist n rip its not damaging like other methods and woerks well

but i would recomend going natural

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

exactly

all your life u prevented dreads

why do u think now u have to make dreads

your hair wants to dread if u simply let it

Desirae Rose said:

Pay close attention to how your hair naturally tangles, and go with that.

--
teresa ball
@teresa-ball
13 years ago
8 posts

eeek ok lol,i should go natural,i did'nt like the idea of waxes i've always been the type that just leaves myhair alone i just wash it and leave it,it's always been naturally shiny but i've always admired dreads,it's something that i will be doing partly why i have started with all the jewellery making for the hair as i've been looking at beads too cant wait to have them in my hair,all i have at the mo is a braid at the front of my hair to put them in.someone did say you can braid your hair and then they turn to dreads is this true?.xx thankyou for all the comments it's great to talk to people who have already done it.xxxxx

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

braids to dreads is an option but actualy slower then going natural as they have to looswen to rearange and dread it defines the sefctions tho but thats really all any method really is good for the hair will section itself naturaly in a week or 2 then dread

question how are u washing now are u conditiining

if u dont condition does it get tangly

maybe as an experiment leave the 1 braisd in let the rest dread itself and compare which dreads best

i believe it will dread better if left loose to dread

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form