dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Need Style Ideas For Very Short Dreads

Tia
@tia
13 years ago
24 posts

Hi all :)
I have a holiday party for the hubs work in a few weeks and I'm in need of help for these shorty dreads to be tamed for the night. I'lluse ahead wrap if all else fails, but I'd like to do something with them other than throwing them in a head wrap or tam.

Any pics or ideas would be great! Thanks!

Hereare pics ofhow shortmy hair is like right now:

updated by @tia: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts

I think a pretty flower headband, or just a "fascinater" would be super. One that matches what you are wearing. You can smooth your hair by running wet hands over the top and using your blowdryer on med/hot, low speed'] Most of all no worries and enjoy...xo

ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts

updated by @exalthimx7: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Tia
@tia
13 years ago
24 posts

I love these styles, but my hair didn't smooth down that much when I brushed and styled it LOL It's the one night a year I have to dress my personality down as the bosses are very conservative/judgemental and the hubs will not hear the end of it from them about family keeping up appearances and it will possibly make his job harder, which I do not want.

ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts

I think it'd look cute with your short hair, (I didn't mean the hair styles, just the accessories) it needn't be straight, just not sticking straight up'] I started very short too, so I've been there. But here's a possible option, too. The link has a site with many head covers. Good luck & Have Fun!!!

Kathleen
@kathleen
13 years ago
28 posts
How about a "flapper style hat"? I just got a job and had to work a party for the Holiday kick-off. At this point my hair has made huge transformations with about 1/2 of my dreads completely looped up on itself about 8 times, which makes for quite a look. They are less than half the length of my other dreads now. The point is I had to cover it so I wore a thin knit woven flapper style hat and a pretty fascinater on the side. With your hair short, it would cover all of it, with just a few little ends of the dreads hanging out of it. No one would even know you had dreads. The only thing people commented on was how pretty the fascinater was. Good luck! (If your dreads make the hat too poofy on the top just put a thin skull cap on first and then the flapper hat)
Kathleen
@kathleen
13 years ago
28 posts

Here are some pictures-Mine was like this except the weave wasn't so loose and my flower wasn't so big.
http://kitschnsync.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/honeylove.jpg

Just look up holiday flapper hat images to get some more ideas.

Tia
@tia
13 years ago
24 posts

Thanks so much, ladies! I love the ideas!We've been having bad storms here and the power/internet hasn't been very reliable. I think I am going to go with some type of hair covering. I have a few that I madebut they just aren't for going to a nice party like this. I guess I'll be picking up some new yarn tomorrow to make something a bit fancier :)

Kathleen
@kathleen
13 years ago
28 posts

That sounds like a great idea Tia! I think it will work out great! This way you can make it just like you want. Maybe you can get some pretty yarn with sparkles/metallic thread in it. I want to see pics when the time comes! : )

Tia said:

Thanks so much, ladies! I love the ideas!We've been having bad storms here and the power/internet hasn't been very reliable. I think I am going to go with some type of hair covering. I have a few that I madebut they just aren't for going to a nice party like this. I guess I'll be picking up some new yarn tomorrow to make something a bit fancier :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form