Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My dreadiesz are crazy!! Advice on how to maintenance them w/out wax or crochet assist?

Brittany Marie
@brittany-marie
13 years ago
9 posts

I started my locs by way of t&r approx.8mo ago. I crocheted them two or three times in the past but I haven't touched them for a couple of months now (because I realized the damage thatI was doing when my hair began frizzing like crazy). I have a ton of loose hair, which hasn't bothered me until recently. I've been noticing it sticking out in all different directions. In turn, giving methe appearance of a lion with an outrageous mayne(not to mention, I've received quite a few comments from family and friends about how "dirty" my hair has been looking lately). The issue of my appearance is at hand because I am desperately in need of a job and, as we all know, it's tough enough to get hired as a caucasian dread-head when your dreads look respectively neat.. nevermind that I've got this matted nest of hair on my head! ha ha

So I bought a roll of yarn in the hopes that I can manage to contain some of the loose hairs atop my head... If any of you has another viable method of maintenance fordreads, I'd appreciate your input. Also, any of you creative mamas know of some interesting ways to wrap dreads?? :)

Thanks for taking the time to read, guys!

-Brittany Marie

updated by @brittany-marie: 01/13/15 09:13:18PM
K.E.
@ke
13 years ago
35 posts

How yarn sposed to help?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yarn wont help if you want to do hair wraps use hemp or embroidery thread not yarn

use aloe to smooth the frizzies when u really need to

your probly still suffering the results of the crochet

ignore the comments your getting though

lets see pictures

i bet its not as bad as u think

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
smo smo
@smo-smo
13 years ago
1 posts

i use yarn to wrap mine (~4 mos) -- it works nicely and it very gentle on your hair. sometimes just one little wrap can help a certain dread lock up at the root or just lay a little flatter. the important thing to remember is not to leave it in for more than ~3 weeks at a time, or itll start dreading into your hair :P but yeah, i have this big ball of rainbow-y yarn that looks awesome when i wrap it around dreads (i tie one little over-under over-under not at the top of the dread and just circle the yarn around the dread, and then come up with some creative pattern or way of tying it. its fun when you need a change and can help add definition to your dreads.

bless!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yarn can leave alot of yarm fibers in your dreadas embroidery threasd or hemp wont be leavint fuxzz and stuff behind

--
Brittany Marie
@brittany-marie
13 years ago
9 posts

braid effect, eh? i'll try it :) i bought a roll of yarn the other day so i will try wrapping it with yarn for a few weeks to see how i like it. i can already tell i'm going to get little fuzzies trapped in my hair but i DID get colorful yarn so at least my hair will be speckled with nice colors. haha :) thanks for the advice, all! i was beginning to feel sort of down about my do. and i will post my new orleans pikkas soon so you can see the mayne i'm workin' with ;p lol

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i think your dreads look amazing ..drools

why would u feekl down about siuch a beautiful mane

rawr

--
Brittany Marie
@brittany-marie
13 years ago
9 posts

lol, well thank you for being so supportive! i do love my nappy mess most days :) no doubt, the journey has a beauty of it's own.

Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

indeed. just like everything else in life you have to take the bad with the good, messy with the neat, how else you going to appreciate the littlemiracles? :)

Brittany Marie said:

lol, well thank you for being so supportive! i do love my nappy mess most days :) no doubt, the journey has a beauty of it's own.

Brittany Marie
@brittany-marie
13 years ago
9 posts

wellsaid :)!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form