18 posts

for new and mature ones

updated by @leo: 01/13/15 09:13:14PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

depends on the season

sun and wind best ober all but if its winter a bloiw dryer will keep u from shivering for hours if i blow dry i do quick bursts over a ling time i dont blow blow blow till dry insteade i do a quick on ce over then drip awhile then if i get too cold hit it again

the heat damage is greattest when u do it extencdxed so i do it in short sessions that only do a lil drying at a time

if you gotta dry faster sqyueezing them with a shamp\woow root to tip will get alot of the wetness out

drip or air or sun dry when u can

rubbing young dreads with a towel isnt recomended

some ppl werap em in a towel for a bit b4 drying them thats risky as wet dreads bopund up in a towel can get musty and moldy quickly with no airflow

airdflow..and gravcity should do the most

shake em real good to shake out the excess

then let em hang loose

move em around alot the underside ones may styay damp longer then the ones exposed to the air most so move em to get at the air more

a fan when not too cold can help

but sun and wind..best thing eveer

sun kills mold so if u get musty ..dry in the sun as much as u canb

during the summer i try to go sit outside at least a few minutes after i wash

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

Yep...what he said! :) My hair is very thick and my dreads are phatties. I squeeze out the water in the shower and wrap them in a big towel until I get dressed. Then, once dressed I wrap them in a new towel until I finish getting myself ready....brushing teeth, eating, etc. After that I wrap them for about 10-15 minutes in a Sham-Wow type of towel. Finally, I use a dryer in five minutes sessions to get them dry. It works well and it is a routine now...so I am used to it.

Brittany Marie
@brittany-marie
13 years ago
9 posts

I definitely agree on the air flow/gravity point, just make sure your hair isn't bound up or tied back,

I squeeze mine with a town out of the shower (like left side right side)

-Iain

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form