Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Itch, residue

Maximilian
@maximilian
13 years ago
62 posts

i have been using BS with oils for a while now, and today i washed with that method, but for some odd reason the back of my head is kinda itchy, which usually never happens after a wash. i have no more lavender oils now, but still a lot of Dr. bronners. I have never done the ACV rinse, because i don't know whether to do it after or before, and searching for it on this site is not as easy as it seems. Any ideas?

updated by @maximilian: 01/13/15 09:12:45PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

acv after

abnd u should be using it

scalp gets too alkaline it will dry out and itch

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Gabe McCoy
@gabe-mccoy
13 years ago
120 posts

Yeah the whole problem is cause you aren't fallowing up with a acv rinse I'm almost 100% sure

tess2
@tess2
13 years ago
6 posts

i have a problem with an itchy scalp. here what my remedy-

empty bottle+few drops of tea tree oil+ few cups of warm water+ 1 tablespoon raw apple cider vinegar

let it soak on your head for a few minutes. the vinegar it eats the dandruff, and helps the itch.

sometimes tea tree oil can be a little harsh and dry out your head and make it sensitive. but if you only use a few drops and mix it with the apple cider vinegar and warm water. i think the apple cider vinegar works wonders. im also a sufferer of itchy scalp:) hope this helps!! :)

Maximilian
@maximilian
13 years ago
62 posts

so you use ACv afterrrr? ok. cool. will do. what sort of solution for the ACV? just acv, or do I dillute it?

Maximilian
@maximilian
13 years ago
62 posts

You know, i have read up on this ACV and a lot of people say it can make your hair softer. Not cool. i will just use really cod water and be more thorogh with my washes with BS. Mayeb use less BS. Peace

Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

dude listent to what everyone is saying, the ACV RINSE, not wash, is to reset or help reset the ph of your hair. now this all depends on the quality of your local water and its pH balance, but just get a feel for it man. right now i learned that with my water, one ACV rinse a week with anywhere from a half to a whole cap of ACV to about a gallon of water makes the right dilution, my hair isnt oily like it was the first time i used to much and my scalp loves me more for it.

i bet the problem your having is due to an imbalance in ph. acv WILL help you with that. as i said though dont use to much or it will feel a ton more softer.

Maximilian
@maximilian
13 years ago
62 posts

Ya i i just made sure to wash with cold water and rinse better and my scalp is fine now. I will do acv later. But ya good to know, I was gonna dump a bucket of it on my head.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form