Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Wish i had a phone so you guys could seem this!

Maximilian
@maximilian
13 years ago
62 posts

So, I was at school the other day walking past the book store, and I saw this guy with dreads. Not just dreadlocks, were talking down to his ass, long, thin, blond locks. I had seen him before from afar, and wanted to see what his method was.

So, i get next to him and go "Hey man, those are awesome, what method did you use, TNR, backcomb, wa--" at this moment he interrupted me and said, "I just let it be." He said he asked a jamaican cat in a smoke shop how to do it and he said to dry your hair for a long time after a shower rubbing it on your head for a while the first few days to kick start them.

This guys dreads were LOOONG. he also told me he had trimmed them this year!! I took off my tam and told him not even 8 months and he was diggin' it. It was an awesome moment because right when he said "I let it be"I smiled and said "me too"

Not trying to make anybody angry, but if its not natural, its a style.. Natural, a statement. Peace and Love.

updated by @maximilian: 01/13/15 09:12:44PM
ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts

nice']

Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts

Love moments like that! I've only met a few fellow dreadies but one guys was natural and they were just amazing, its neat to connect on such a level :D

HippyFish
@hippyfish
13 years ago
76 posts

This is very cool, I have seen 2 others since I been in montana with dreads, but didn't have the nerve to ask them bout their dreadies... I wanna ask things about their maintenance, how old they are, their method... this helps to give me that push to ask now :)

Maximilian
@maximilian
13 years ago
62 posts

Ya I had to ask.. they were epic. Mine are really starting to come alone, especially a day after I wash them, i used to fear the washing, but now I embrace it because the next day they are all dry and they really lock up!

Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

wow man thats cool, i felt a connection myself lol, natural is a statement and the best choice i ever made.

what were you saying about jump starting them? the sentence was broken.

oh yeah and i love to wash now, only 37 days or something like that and i look forward to washing them as it amazes me how loose they still are, but how much tighter they get with each wash, its simply amazing to witness on your own head lol

hippiegal
@hippiegal
13 years ago
182 posts

That's the best advice for the natural way! Just let them be.

Mine tighten up nicely after each wash, too.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form