Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Lisa Brebner
@lisa-brebner
13 years ago
6 posts

Hello... just started my dread journey (again). I originally tried backcombing, lock peppa, wax, obsessing, obsessing...and repeat. Nothing but bad looking hair (unhealthy). I am dreading my hair for a personal reason, not a fashion one. Thank you to all who post on here for the encouragement to get started the right way. Today is day one. I have curly, fine hair. My profile pic is right after a henna treat today. I sprayed lightly with water mixed with sea salt and lemon juice. Any info on the first few dayswould be great (what to expect/should I use lemon juice/etc.) Thank you Soaring Eagle for this website and all of the hard work and dedication you obviously have to helping others.

updated by @lisa-brebner: 01/13/15 09:12:42PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

no do not use lemmon juice especialy not with color treatted hair it penetrates into the inner layers of the hair shaft and corodes it

just sea salt..and dont over do that either

congrats on a new start

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lisa Brebner
@lisa-brebner
13 years ago
6 posts

Thank you for telling me about the lemon juice! Could you please tell me wha length of hair usually dreads best. You can probably see from my profile pic that my hair is fairly short on the sides and some in the back; longer on top..about 3 inches.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

well it can vary but typicaly for natural u want 6 inches or so

but on some it dreads shorter but as a rule of thumb u probly wont see dreadung till its longer

several who dreaded from a shaved head tho founddreads by 2-3 inches tho it sure isnt typical

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form