Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

damn the work place

Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

one month of growing organically. and i have been puttin up with the snyde remarks or distaindful looks when i try to educate closed minded people, and half thee time through an explanation someone cracks a joke and i cant finish, so i say screw it. it s frustrating as hell and hacent said a word to anyone yet today. i seem to get the most work done because half the day they are turned around talking to eachiother. so its like wth.let them be because apparently they dont care to fully understand. anything spiritual scares the crap out of the week and closed minded. i cant help but challenge them and often i come off as very aggressive because its the only way for me to captivate anyone long enough to get a single point across without the whole room throwing in their two sense, then after that i just look like a mad man.. oh well. maybe i wont wash or bathe for a couple weeks and show them the difference of what i am not doing, maybe they can shut the hell up any anything and everything dreadlocks related. ignorant douche bags.

rant completed.

i want to upload a picture of one person in particular to show you all what im dealing with lol

updated by @castaway-j: 02/14/15 06:16:28AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

drown em out with

ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

noise canceling head phones, full blast, and a full battery. i huuuum melodies n lyrics...especially loud today lol

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

play this on a loop all day

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

haha i feel better already thanks se something about ooooooms, think itsbecauseits the natural sound that outlarynxcan make or something. and it seems to bring peace and balance and center of ones self.meditation... :) i still dont want to converse with anyone here though ;)

Dreadfern
@dreadfern
13 years ago
21 posts

Pay them no mind. there are always gonna be people who disagree with one another, and if they aren't willing to keep an open mind then it's better to simply stop wasting your energy on them. My dad calls my tattoos and dreads self mutilation, i call it self expression and art. as i'm writing this i just noticed the most beautiful spider outside my window building a web... it reminded me of one time i saved a spider at a party and as i'm opening the back door to put it outside i heard one of the girls there say "Fucking hippies." i just smiled:) next time they say something negative tell them they just don't understand.

oh and i would like to see a photo haha now i'm curious!

Jasspher
@jasspher
13 years ago
10 posts

s'all right, we all get this sort of thing, at work i had to convince everyone i was still washing. someone even thought you had to put peanut butter or toothpaste in your hair, i mean where the hell does this stuff even come from?

im singled out at work having to wear a hairnet (i work in a kitchen) because my hair is disgusting, which it isnt, its just dreaded, two of the people i work with would actually scream if my hair touched them.

FoxPaw
@foxpaw
13 years ago
114 posts

its funny, when i started, everyone at my work thought i looked gross & thought it was a joke. Told me I was doing it wrong and natural/neglect method is stupid & unheard of. I would try to tell the fellow employees or customers what im doing is good, healthy, spiritual, etc but they just laughed just like your situation.

But now i get comments & questions out the ying yang from them & strangers. For some reason, everyone keeps coming up to me and asking.."Hey man what do you think if i got dreads??" "Are those extensions?" "Hey you have dreads now haha"

i love how the tables have turned :)

Freehead
@freehead
13 years ago
19 posts

A crazy haired mad man having a rant, definatly whats needed to give the closed minded onesa good scaring -Keep up the good work Change~ !

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

There are mean people everywhere...unfortunately. I, too have dealt with people telling me that I don't wash and if I do, I am doing dreads wrong...so, basically you can't win. I have also encountered snobby, elite attitudes from people with dreads too...so, whatever. I have decided not to let it bother me. If I even reply, it is to say..."What does my hair have to do with you anyway?!" I know it is really hard if you have to see them day after day in a work situation. I worked in a salon for over 20 years, so, I know catty remarks and such drain your energy and erode your peace of mind. Just hold tight to the realization that this is all a test in many ways. Your journey will be about what you need and how you are challenged. For some, it is the challenge of being humbled, by no longer looking a certain way, or the challenge to become patient...Maybe part of your challenge is to rise above petty notions and offer them your forgiveness for their human failure. Blessings <3

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form