Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hey im new to this and i think ive gone wrong already

Jasspher
@jasspher
13 years ago
10 posts

im afraid i found this site too late but im hoping you can help me.

I wanted dreadlocks so i gre my hair from shaved for about 9 months then i shamefully fell into the DHHQ trap.

I went along with the sectioning and the backcoming (which im not sure is too bad) but i used alot of lock peppa and then knottyboy wax. almost instantly i regretted the wax and never used it again.

I use dhhq soap which seems to keep my hair clean. I also spray my dreads with a water mixture with peppermint, tea tree and rosemary oils, and have debated about putting sea salt in there.

however i have two dreads on the back of my head that have started to come apart, one completely. On my forhead the hair is starting to thin and the front 4-5 dread have visibly thin roots, typically with one stronger side of the roots. im scared that they are going to snap off, ive even had a horrible nightmare about it which scared me enough to seek help...

please, is there anything i can do.

updated by @jasspher: 01/13/15 09:12:14PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

hmm how big are the sections how agressivly dfid u backcombv did u rebackcomb did u root rub crochet root flip interlock excessivly palm roll

if they were left alone after backcombung and just removed the wax they should be ok

the dreadheadhq shampoo might seem to get you clean but it doesnt do that great a job try the baking soda imediately after using it and catch the rinse water in a bucket and see how much dirt was left behind plus its all taoxic garbage i would never use it

oh did u leave rubber bands in long time?

pics?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jasspher
@jasspher
13 years ago
10 posts

the sections are about 1inch square, i have very curly thick hair, execpt on the top apparently. i did a bit of clockwise rubbing for the first few weeks but stopped that because i was seeing the hair folacles in the 'dreaded' parts of my hair. i still finger roll, i wouldnt say agressivly at all, more im just playing with it really.

i had the rubber bands on most for the first 8 weeks, im almost at 11 weeks now.

trying to upload a pic now, just of my dreads or the front ones im worried about?

oh and i dunno if its related but i have to wear a hair-net now at work because i have "disgusting" dreadlocks, its not night at all but they are usually pulled back to get them in

ive read a few of your posts about the BS/ACV wash and im going to try it

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

the rubber bands for 8 weej=ks can certainly have caused these issues

abso0lutely everything thsat dreadheadhq recomends is wrong and destructive

tell your boss that that makes no sense

ppl withoit dreads lose 100 hairs a day

ppl wiyh dreads do too but almost all of them stay ion the dreads

tell the boss that ecverone without dreds are tghe ones who should be requitered to wear a net

then if you really want to push it sweap up at the end of the day collect all the hairs u findand compare them to every employee and show your boss whos hairs are really getting everywhere

--
Jasspher
@jasspher
13 years ago
10 posts

so is there anything i can do, or am i going to lose a few dreads?? im hoping that just leaving them alone will allow the shorter hair around the roots to grow into them.

ive already pointed out a red hair found in food, from my superivisor no less, but nothing was done, i just wear it now to make a point.

updated by @jasspher: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

leave em be if they are really in danger let em congo

just dont seperate and they join together

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus