Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Tea Tree Oil Issue - I know I'm not alone!

Hans Criteanu
@hans-criteanu
13 years ago
32 posts

I know many of you use the BS/ACV method, so I'm hoping someone here can help: Why do all the essential oils have those handy dropper tops except tea tree!? I'm tired of it! Has anyone figured out a solution to this aside from a steady hand? They SUCK to try to count drops out of until they're almost half depleted, because the oil has to dribble all the way down the side of the bottle and drip off the bottom. Aside from being inconvenient, this creates a margin of error AND is wasteful! I know I'm not the only one who's dealt with this! Come on people, I've reached my breaking point! I was trying to buy a tiny dropper for a while, but I couldn't find anywhere that sold one the right size. Any ideas?

updated by @hans-criteanu: 02/14/15 07:37:40AM
Karrington <3
@karrington-3
13 years ago
94 posts

I got mine from a store called Earthfare in FivePoints Athens Ga.. Theirs have built in droppers.. Also they have teeny tiny droppers for purchase at Earthbound at like the malls out here..Very cheap and they work great.. I'm pretty sure they have em where you live, you could also try any shoppes that sell any oils, like burning or fragrance oil.. I'm sure they could hook you up.. I hope this helps! :)

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

If worst comes to worst...put your oil in another container and go to any pharmacy and buy a medicine dropper...not that difficult.

Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

i have yet to run into this, are you able to take out the dropper piece from an empty container n put it on that one?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i swear i answered this

its not an essential oil if its not in a dark colored bottle with a dropper top

buy from mountain rose herbs the links on the left down a bit

all essential oils have a dropper top

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Hans Criteanu
@hans-criteanu
13 years ago
32 posts

Thanks, Panterra. I was avoiding transferring containers for several reasons (laziness, sloppiness, etc), but I think that's what it's gonna come to (awesome name btw).

Decent idea Change - unfortunately, the necks of the Aura Cacia bottles are substantially bigger than that of the Desert Essence bottles.

Hans Criteanu
@hans-criteanu
13 years ago
32 posts

SE, sorry if you answered this before, I certainly didn't see your response. I'm certain what I've been using is essential oils, despite the lack of a dropper top.

http://www.desertessence.com/special-oils

I always use one of the 3 on the left (usually eco-harvest, unless I can find organic)

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

i buy my oils at either whole foods or sprouts and both places have tea tree oil in dropper type bottles. you could always take an eye drops bottle like visine (cleaned out really well) and transfer your tea tree oil into there.

Hans Criteanu
@hans-criteanu
13 years ago
32 posts

I ended up (carefully) transferring half of the liquid to my former (thus empty) bottle. They're pretty easy to count drops out of once they're less than about 2/3 full, so this solved my problem. Thanks yinz!

Natalie Yakimo
@natalie-yakimo
13 years ago
8 posts

the tea tree oil i bought also did not come with a dropper and i dont have any in the house or the money to buy one yet :( anyone know how many drops are in a teaspoon? or half a teaspoon?

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form