dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Making dreads smell great!

Phil Hulford
@phil-hulford
13 years ago
38 posts

Hey guys :)

I was wondering about what stuff to use to make dreads smell nice... I sometimes use essential oils in my BS wash but the smell doesnt last too long... I was wondering about Palmers Cocoa butter? or something maybe that I can use in dreads that wont harm them maturing...

I sometimes use a peppermint spray but I dont really like the smell all that much.... I prefer something like cocoa butter but im afraid to try it coz im not sure if its similar to wax or something! any help would be wonderful! thanks x

updated by @phil-hulford: 01/13/15 09:11:49PM
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

Iwould never use cocoa butter in my dreads...but I love Maylees Dread bars...they smell amazing and the smell lasts for quite awhile. I also like to put a few drops of essential oils in a sea salt spray (I actually use ocean water that I collect at the beach just for my dreads). You know, since you like the cocoa butter smell, you could also try a recipe used by another member we used to have. She made a fabulous spray from water, a small splash of vodka (it acts as a stabilizer) and vanilla extract. Just use the kind of vanilla you would use for cooking. Spray this on the actual dreads and not the scalp (it could irritate) and you will smell delicious! ;-)

Phil Hulford
@phil-hulford
13 years ago
38 posts

wow thanks very much! I will give the vanilla spray a try! I'll check into the maylees too :)

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

Glad I could help :)

Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

i want to smell like that. ill try it too.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form