Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Timeline?

Justin5
@justin5
13 years ago
10 posts
I know there are many hair types, lengths, and factors involved that effect how dreads grow and how fast they developed. That said, I am curious as to what a typical timeline would be in the development of natural dreads. I have not been growing for very long. It has only been a few weeks but it seams I take two one step forward and two steps back. How often should I be washing my hair(bs&acv)? I will have one day where my hair will look really messy and the next it will lay flat. I know that this will not be an overnight success but I don't want to be doing things that will slow dread development. What are some things you do and about how long did it take you to start seeing results? Any cool tips would be greatly appreciated.Much lovej
updated by @justin5: 01/13/15 09:11:29PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

it varies but your doing ok how much acv are u using ar u rinsing it imediately

add sea salt to the bs

how are u drying too

wash when u feel u should

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Justin5
@justin5
13 years ago
10 posts
About 2 tbls in about a gallon, rinse right away. I have been adding salt to bs as well as tea tree, lavender, and peppermint oils. As for drying, pat dry with towel and air dry the rest of the way. So it sounds like I'm in the right direction. Would you think I should start to see some development in the next 3 to 4 weeks?

soaring eagle said:

it varies but your doing ok how much acv are u using ar u rinsing it imediately

add sea salt to the bs

how are u drying too

wash when u feel u should

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

welcome to my world:) my journey has always been one step forward two steps back but i'm getting there. i don't think your using enough bs in your wash. i use 1 Tbs. per cup of water. i didn't start to see knotting until my 4th month. i just hit a year recently and still 1/3 of my hair is unknotted. some of us just have a longer journey than most. hopefully you'll have better luck:)

Justin5
@justin5
13 years ago
10 posts
I ment 2tbls of acv per gallon of water. For the bs, I'm using 1 tbls per cup if water.

Heather said:

welcome to my world:) my journey has always been one step forward two steps back but i'm getting there. i don't think your using enough bs in your wash. i use 1 Tbs. per cup of water. i didn't start to see knotting until my 4th month. i just hit a year recently and still 1/3 of my hair is unknotted. some of us just have a longer journey than most. hopefully you'll have better luck:)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

theres about a 75% cghance you will see development in that time that still leaves a 25% chance it will take lot longer

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
zach4
@zach4
13 years ago
2 posts
Just let it happen. Time time time
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form