Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I think my body is getting pissed at me.

Justin5
@justin5
13 years ago
10 posts
Changed my diet to be plant based about a year ago. Going from 28 years of meat and potatoes to a vegan diet took me a good minute to get used to it. Now I have decided to quite smoking and drinking and am getting into a bit of yoga. I have been feeling a little inside out for the last little bit (not a new yoga pose) but in the long run, I will feel healthy and clean. Its amazing to me that things that are physically, mentally, and socially damageing are not only accepted but expected of our society today.Much love,j
updated by @justin5: 02/14/15 03:18:39AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

what amazes me is if u choose a healthy diet u face ridicule

often parents wont allow thier kids to choose to go veg

and if they do they get teased and constantly have comments like mmm dont u want some of this steak?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
ashr
@ashr
13 years ago
9 posts

I've been hanging on to the smokes for far too long and want to let them go too. Society doesn't really make sense does it ;pGood luck on quitting Justin - respect.

Justin5
@justin5
13 years ago
10 posts
It's sad to say, but that is very true. I'm an adult and I still get it from my family. I love that you mentioned children wanting to make their own decisions. It seams that uncorrupted minds seam to make more decisions based on compassion and reason. I think we should do more listening then telling when it comes to simple intentions of our youth.

soaring eagle said:

and if they do they get teased and constantly have comments like mmm dont u want some of this steak?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

agree completely

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Freehead
@freehead
13 years ago
19 posts

Lots of people think its wierd amusing or very strange that i dont eat white flour products, sugaror processed anything. Yes it is very bizzarre that peolple who follow healthy diets face ridicle, i get it all the time "why dont you just have a bit of this?" Because id like to live for a long time in this body and not suffer any degenerative illnesses caused by what i put in it!

Justin said:

It's sad to say, but that is very true. I'm an adult and I still get it from my family. I love that you mentioned children wanting to make their own decisions. It seams that uncorrupted minds seam to make more decisions based on compassion and reason. I think we should do more listening then telling when it comes to simple intentions of our youth.

soaring eagle said:

Freehead
@freehead
13 years ago
19 posts

yes it amazes me too, but people are starting to wake up now, hopefully soon everyone will wake up out of the zombie state and start to look for themselfs at what things really are.

Gabriel Beauchemin
@gabriel-beauchemin
13 years ago
50 posts

same for me, no alcool, no drugs and no meat of any kind. Some people say that I prive myself but I actually feel, on the contrary, that I am more free.

Frank Schuster
@frank-schuster
13 years ago
95 posts

I'm vegetarian for a year and also quit drinking alcohol for half a year and not only my body and

health situation got way better. Like a ton dropped of my mind cause i'm not supporting the meat

industry any more for treatin animals in a very bad way. My thought are free and sharp now cause alcohol and drugs don't blend my view any more.

Tryin to get away from high amount of plastic, cause its ruining the environment in a bad way.

So stay clean and think clear!

Jdwood
@jdwood
13 years ago
275 posts

Vegetarianismis a "modern" concept. It dates back maybe 4 000+ years ago. It'shighlyprobable that it started as belief system based on non-violencetowards animals. In our "Western" society eating meat is part of the massescultureand we consume WAY more meat then we "need". Also it's a BIG industry. For some it is difficult to go with out it (the way some of us process protein and iron). I tried various diets (vegetarian, vegan, raw vegan, fruitarian) and my body just slows way down if I don't get some meat once and a while (I eat meat maybe once or twice a week more in the winter). Isufferedfromanemiawhen I was younger it's the way my body process iron.

Now back to the subject...your body is "adapting" to the changes give it some time. It is also getting rid of the toxins yourprobablyhave accumulated in your fattissues. Your liver andkidneysalso are going to tank you but not right now...they hate you for now :)

People who give you a bad rap for being different most of the time is because they feelthreatenedor "accused" by your life style. It forces some to take a hard look at what they do on a day to day basses and askthemselvessome hard questions...that takes effort so it'seasierto mock or find fault with the "outsider". Also it is part of our social evolution to cast out what is different in order to protect the flock.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form