Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Palm Rolling

Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
So while i was writing something up be4 including my own opinion on this, I decided I wasn't to sure about how I felt on this, sure I did some of this with m dreads, but not really much,it didn't seem like an effective way to do much besides temporarily compress a bump or some frizzes, however I'd like to know what you think about it
updated by @iain: 01/13/15 08:27:48PM
Matted Dew
@matted-dew
15 years ago
213 posts
wut does every1 refer to as 'palm rolling'cuz when im bored or my hands r bored (not doing ne thign with my hands cuz i hav a bad habit of nailbiting hahah) i jus play with my locks n twist um n try n dread up lil ones that STiLL havent locked up yetis that palm rollingor is palmrollin exaclty wut it sounds?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
ive never understood palm rolling clearly either since i never tried it.. but its my understanding thatr it does nearely nothing untill u do it so obsessivly it causes dammage..if u dont do it obsessivly its useless completely

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
15 years ago
183 posts
you take the dread and roll it back and forth between your palms... Like if you were rolling a snake of clay...
Jo
@jo
15 years ago
176 posts
I tried in on a couple of dreads that werent forming round that were more flat, but I did it really gently, it helped those, but that was in the very early stage. now it doesnt do anything. cept damage hair and cure boredom
J.D.
@jd
15 years ago
115 posts
yeah when i get bored i just twist my locks... idk if you would call it palm rolling but whatever... i used to palm roll about every day when i started my dreads just because thats what those lying websites tell you to do. they make dreads out too be hard to take care of and require a lot of maintenance but really alls i do now is wash em...thats it, they do the rest
Daniel
@daniel
15 years ago
118 posts
palm rolling only works if theres wax in the hair. Otherwise your just rubbing your hair. Only real maintenance i ever do is twist and rip the ends or the looser dreads while im watching tv or something.
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
I believe the concept of palm rolling could have come from when you were brushing you could pull out the hair from the hairbrush and roll it all up into a dread ball. I don't think it works the same when they are still attached to the head.I did a test and I'm pretty convinced that all it does is kill time. I did it about once a day for awhile on some lumpy ones, it straightened out the kinks for a few minutes(if that) and went back to the way they were.It may do something for beginning dreads, but I couldn't tell you.
Matted Dew
@matted-dew
15 years ago
213 posts
if u think palm rollin does ne thingu shuld jus subsititute twisting up a section and rubbing ur fingers backwards down itits a natty form of backcombin n i duno if it does nething but it probly does sumthin more that palmrolling wouldand it keeps ur hands busyhahahhaha and possibly helps u get sum knots
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form