Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

starting off my dreads....

Michael Jaye
@michael-jaye
15 years ago
3 posts
Hi All, need some good avice on starting my dreads!Ive got mixed race curly hair, loger than inmy photo maybe 5 - 7 inches in places. as I cant go the all natural do nothign method coz of work I wa nt the next best alternative, have been speaking to a few dread masters here in London and they have recomened one of the following, interloc with brother loc, corchet, cross lock with backcomb (sounded the best to me)what do ya reckon?Mikey
updated by @michael-jaye: 01/13/15 08:27:47PM
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
yeah it seems you have perfect hair for locking,crochet method has the potential to really hurt your dreads right off the bat, especially if done in the long term with a lot of maintenance,backcombing can to, however your really only gonna be doing it once, so that was what I went with, however they too can look kinda odd in the beginning phases of dreading, so you might have to keep that too in mind for work.another method you could look into is Twist and Ripi'm not as familiar with the other methods but if you need more info there a thread detailing most of the ways to get dreadlocks on this site
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
interlocking crochet all those are bad ideas dont trust dread masters to steer u right i bet they would all use wax..all would be mistakesyour hair type id go twist n rip or twist n neglect, depending how welll your hair holds twiststry twisting sections add some aloe to help it holdif twists stay together fairly well a week retwist any that fall apart..but stop twisting when they hold together on theyre ownor do twist n rip which works great they look good from the start without klooking like a clown like backcombing and do less dammage then most methodsread dreaducation thread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jo
@jo
15 years ago
176 posts
http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/dreaducation-comprehensi... here's the dreaducation threadEDIT:see SE's reply for right link
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
that links to the 1st reply heres the direct link to the main post http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/dreaducation-comprehensive Jo McClelland said:

--
Michael Jaye
@michael-jaye
15 years ago
3 posts
hey thanks a lot, that thread on the different methods was excellentIm gonna have to think what to do, makes me wish I was still backpacking and could just let my hair go!!Im pretty sure twists without wax wil be difficult and after reading some of the info on this site I aint gonna put any products in at all that I havent pt together myself. Sounds like twist and rip or crocheting (just a little?) just to get them in locks shape and started might be best then I will just let them goI'll add some photos wiv whats happening
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
twist n rip then use lil aloe if u need itdefinately wouldnt recomend crochet

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form