Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello!

Cherish Knight
@cherish-knight
15 years ago
2 posts
Hi. My name is Cherish, I'm new here. I do not have dreads yet, but plan on getting some soon. So far I have been helped by this website with the knowledge of not using products from DHHQ. And I plan on this website being my main source for all things dreads from now on.
updated by @cherish-knight: 01/13/15 08:27:47PM
Jo
@jo
15 years ago
176 posts
good choice!welcome!we will all try and answer all your q's the best we can! :o)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i love to hear that :)question..in your pics.. did u use alotta hairspray and maybe even iron your hair straight? just a guessthe 1 looks pretty curly but the rest looked unaturaly straightif i'm right, u might wanna start with something that strips away buildup, like nutragena daily clarifying (there are other buildup removing shampoos too)that will help get your hair back to a more natural state and it will dread easier from there

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
Hey Welcome to the site :)feel free to ask away/contribute anything
Cherish Knight
@cherish-knight
15 years ago
2 posts
Actually I don't use hairspray, but you're right, it is straightened with a flat-iron. But I don't straighten it often. Thanks man! And good call. lol soaringeagle said:
i love to hear that :)

question..in your pics.. did u use alotta hairspray and maybe even iron your hair straight? just a guess
the 1 looks pretty curly but the rest looked unaturaly straight
if i'm right, u might wanna start with something that strips away buildup, like nutragena daily clarifying (there are other buildup removing shampoos too)
that will help get your hair back to a more natural state and it will dread easier from there
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
in that case maybe try this..mix a good glob of aloe gel with a tablespoon or so of sea salt in a spray bottle the sea salt will help it get dready the aloew will help too but more then that it should help with the dammage caused by the heat from the flat iron..u can try that for a lil bit then switch to just sea salt and resserve the aloe for when u need it to tidy up or add lil conditioningkinda a guess thoif u have a more recent pic it might help toobut ya really cant gop wrong as u move away from everything u used to do to it it will recover and begin to dread Cherish Knight said:
Actually I don't use hairspray, but you're right, it is straightened with a flat-iron. But I don't straighten it often. Thanks man! And good call. lol

soaringeagle said:
i love to hear that :)

question..in your pics.. did u use alotta hairspray and maybe even iron your hair straight? just a guess
the 1 looks pretty curly but the rest looked unaturaly straight
if i'm right, u might wanna start with something that strips away buildup, like nutragena daily clarifying (there are other buildup removing shampoos too)
that will help get your hair back to a more natural state and it will dread easier from there

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form