Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

how' is everyones (Twist n Rip) coming along?!!!!

Adrian Rodriguez
@adrian-rodriguez
13 years ago
6 posts
Haii yaLl It's been 2 Months Today i've had mylocs (TnR) I' decided Too become a member. c; I'm just curious on how everyoneelses progress is going with their twist n Rip dreadlocks.and any one with priorexperiences ...
updated by @adrian-rodriguez: 03/12/17 10:04:26AM
laura ewing
@laura-ewing
13 years ago
40 posts

Hi Adrian!!...I am doing TNR too but I am afraid that I dont have a lot of experiences neither!! :^P

I started mines 7 weeks ago and they seem to be doing good...the ones in the front are progressing super slow (they are thinner too)..but the ones in the back are progressing faster,, I don't know if it is because they are thicker or because they are on the back!!

It looks like they are shrinking a little and are getting some loops and knots and I have a lot of loose hair most of them on my roots but around the dreads too!! :^D

Adrian Rodriguez
@adrian-rodriguez
13 years ago
6 posts
sweet that' sounds exactly like my situation >:D..I've read up that the front part usually takes longer,I'm glad to say i am actually seeing some results !!I could start feeling my hair locking up. so I just letthem do their own thing..I have neighbors that have dread locs two twins' .. theygive me a little shell to put in my hair looks pretty cool' .

laura ewing said:

Hi Adrian!!...I am doing TNR too but I am afraid that I dont have a lot of experiences neither!! :^P

I started mines 7 weeks ago and they seem to be doing good...the ones in the front are progressing super slow (they are thinner too)..but the ones in the back are progressing faster,, I don't know if it is because they are thicker or because they are on the back!!

It looks like they are shrinking a little and are getting some loops and knots and I have a lot of loose hair most of them on my roots but around the dreads too!! :^D

Frank Schuster
@frank-schuster
13 years ago
95 posts

Hey all!

I'm goin with the T&R metod, too and i'm also around week 7.

My hair is still a little short, but the formed locs by t&r are at least not falling apart.

But i must confess, that i reopened 2 locs at front, cause they didn't look

natural and i splitted a couple in half at the back, cause they were very thick and

seemed not to fit together very well.

In general i'm pleased with t&r. The ones i reopened, i let dread all natural by now, the

rest makes good progress.

The dreads at the back mature faster, cause of the movent while sleeping on.

This causes more knots and tightens the dread faster than at the front.

So all we need is patientce, we're on a good way!

Frank

laura ewing
@laura-ewing
13 years ago
40 posts

I admire the people who do natural dreads all the way!!....I am a very impatient person and it is killing me sometimes to see how slow they are progressing but I am pretty happy in general and I cant wait for them to mature all the way!!

Frank Schuster
@frank-schuster
13 years ago
95 posts

Yeah, you're right, i'm also kind of impatient. But i guess this is exactly our goal

we're heading for.

I can imagine now, why people with dreads love their hair that much!

Adrian Rodriguez
@adrian-rodriguez
13 years ago
6 posts
I totally hear what y'all are saying!! I'm very impatient, college and extra activityhelps the time fly by quite a bit Haha' ... ( Frank ) I also do the same by splittingsome dreads to sorta help them form I guess.. ( makes me feel better ) >:D today is my 2nd monthDo you all' use rubber bands by any chance?? because I still have mine in my hairI'm wo erring if it's slowing down the locking progress.

Frank Schuster said:

Hey all!

I'm goin with the T&R metod, too and i'm also around week 7.

My hair is still a little short, but the formed locs by t&r are at least not falling apart.

But i must confess, that i reopened 2 locs at front, cause they didn't look

natural and i splitted a couple in half at the back, cause they were very thick and

seemed not to fit together very well.

In general i'm pleased with t&r. The ones i reopened, i let dread all natural by now, the

rest makes good progress.

The dreads at the back mature faster, cause of the movent while sleeping on.

This causes more knots and tightens the dread faster than at the front.

So all we need is patientce, we're on a good way!

Frank

Frank Schuster
@frank-schuster
13 years ago
95 posts

No, no bands anymore. Tool em all out during month 2 und will never put in again any.

My hair is holding together very well without those bands.

Adrian Rodriguez
@adrian-rodriguez
13 years ago
6 posts

Awready, that' sounds good. ill take out my bands a.s.a.p but i had a question? can i still leave a few bands on the front ones to kind of get them to loc like therest of mine???

sambo
@sambo
13 years ago
37 posts
hey:) i'm about one month in an stoked with the progress! every morning is like xmas rushing to the mirror to see how they're changing. didn't use rubber bands though? just counted em yesterday and i got about 80 in a mohawk! theyre pretty thin but i figured i could always just let em congo later on.. i've been using a weak salt water spray and leaving it in, working AWESOME. though its supposed to be harsh on the scalp if left in i haven't had any trouble so far will report if i do. peace:)
updated by @sambo: 07/23/15 04:45:07PM
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form