dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

hi! thinking dreadhawk??

sambo
@sambo
13 years ago
37 posts

hi everyone, glad i found this site :)

my names sam and ive been contemplating dreads for a while now. i havent used shampoo in my hair for over 12 months though ive been just using conditioner when it feels dirty so im well and truly past the oily stage from not washing. and i rinsed my hair the other day in salt water just to see what would happen and it was almost instant dreads :) (my hair is about 6-7 inches long, brown, curly and thick) i did cut it in a mohawk about 3 months ago but its grown out now and looks pretty goofy so im getin the sides shaved tomorrow to regain the hawk and then im thinkin about dreadin whats left. i was thinking of trying to section it a bit to avoid the part straight down the middle of my head (from an undercut that was worn from age 10-13 :P) but otherwise i wanted to go natural. also any oppinions/experience with twist an rip? im stuck wearin a beanie with the back of my hawk hangin out the bottom so it looks like i have a mullet so the sooner i can get dreadin the better i reckon :)

cheers guys

updated by @sambo: 01/13/15 09:10:17PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

dont shave the sidees do wash with a nin residue soap or the baking soda

let it dread parts never stay whenm u dread lert the sides grow in and dreD no need to section or anything just stop conditioning start washing and let it dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
sambo
@sambo
13 years ago
37 posts
okay got it, sectioning and tnr out. another thing, i wanna keep em pretty thin (in diameter) mainly for the mould/itch factor, any special treatment? ps. thanx for the super fast reply S.E. truly awesome :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

just seperate often and actualy very slow today cause spending hours on the ophone with tech support cause havent had access to any of my other sites for 3 days

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
sambo
@sambo
13 years ago
37 posts
ooh one more thing, any preferences for best hat to wear? gotta look as clean and fake as humanly possible for work so if i can keep em under wraps till they tighten up without hurting them that'd be awesome :)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form