Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

help!!

Les
@les
13 years ago
3 posts

hey guys! ive been wanting dreads for about a year now, but im just not sure what to do. My hair type is pretty thin and straight. Im not giving up i will have dreadlocks!! but im not sure what method to use?? any suggestions??

updated by @les: 02/14/15 08:19:10AM
Tara C
@tara-c
13 years ago
644 posts

You can do it naturally, which is the easiest method by far, cos all you need to do is wash it and let it do its thing. Twist and rip seems to be the most preferred method after that, but I don't know much about it, so you can check that out, there's info about it somewhere in the forum. Definitely don't give up though, even straight hair dreads, so you just have to be patient and enjoy the journey :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea natural or tnr is best theres 2 new dropdown quick access menus above the main menu the left 1 has all the guides and pages

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Krysten Sikes
@krysten-sikes
13 years ago
7 posts

i just did mine 5 days ago, and i have really thin stright hair. i used the RandT method.

Canon P
@canon-p
13 years ago
50 posts

I have really thin straight hair and when my dreads finnally passed the shrinking stage they were about half as long as my unlocked hair. so just be prepared for alot of shrinkage.

happy dreading!

Les
@les
13 years ago
3 posts

Thanks everybody! :)

Les
@les
13 years ago
3 posts

thanks for responding!! :D did you section your hair? if so, what were the measurements? i like the size of yours, our hair is similar.

Krysten Sikes said:

i just did mine 5 days ago, and i have really thin stright hair. i used the RandT method.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

the size they are at 5 days and the size then end up in 1 year can be drasticly different

3 times bigger

u might wanna let the hair section itself

Les said:

thanks for responding!! :D did you section your hair? if so, what were the measurements? i like the size of yours, our hair is similar.

Krysten Sikes said:

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
hippiegal
@hippiegal
13 years ago
182 posts

Hi, Les. Let your hair do its natural thing, give it time, enjoy the journey. Mine is fine and straight and I thought it'd never dread on it's own, but it is.

Frank Schuster
@frank-schuster
13 years ago
95 posts

I totally agree!

T&R is just a starter and your hair will change completely. So probably

skip T&R and go all natural. I would do so, if i would start over again.

hippiegal said:

Hi, Les. Let your hair do its natural thing, give it time, enjoy the journey. Mine is fine and straight and I thought it'd never dread on it's own, but it is.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form