Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Vaseline on Dreads

Sian Thompson
@sian-thompson
13 years ago
9 posts

My sisters teacher (also has dreads) gave me vaseline to put inmy dreads.Firstly,what do I do with it? and is it the same as wax? or can i use it to help my dreads without them going mouldy/disgusting?

updated by @sian-thompson: 01/13/15 09:09:56PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

wthf ok is she african american?

its very dumb to use but could be used to prevent over drying of the scalp in african amerivcans but o no way in hell id put it in dreads she shouldnt either

give her a aloe pant and tell her thats much better and the vasolines not gonna be easy to get out not as bad as wax but ..yuck

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sian Thompson
@sian-thompson
13 years ago
9 posts

Yeah, he is Nigerian :) his dreads are actuallly really nice, so I don't know if he uses the vaseline. Anyway I will NOT use it lol, goin all natural and don't want to mess it up :) Thanks for replying btw :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

that absolutely woulda been a mistake its pertroleum based and slippery slimy

surprised hed recomendf it

except that he may have excessive dry scalp so uses it but u should recomend theres way beter options then petroleum based stuff shae or aloew is better ideeas

--
Sean Jones
@sean-jones
13 years ago
14 posts

Yes I agree with eagle. Vaseline is way too greasy and heavy. It's gunk up your head.

My favorite product is Urielpure Best Dreds . It is all natural, stops any itch, and nourishes your scalp in a great way.

I also prefer an oil mix over vaseline if you are looking to make your own thing.

Fight the good fight!

Sian Thompson
@sian-thompson
13 years ago
9 posts

Thanks for the reply :)

I don't know why he recommended it, he obviously thinks I have the same problem as him :)

Sean Jones said:

Yes I agree with eagle. Vaseline is way too greasy and heavy. It's gunk up your head.

My favorite product is Urielpure Best Dreds . It is all natural, stops any itch, and nourishes your scalp in a great way.

I also prefer an oil mix over vaseline if you are looking to make your own thing.

Fight the good fight!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

but even if u did its a bad way to go talk toi him give him an aloe plant or jojoba oil or africas best hair oils

just tell him vasalines a bad idea

Sian Thompson said:

Thanks for the reply :)

I don't know why he recommended it, he obviously thinks I have the same problem as him :)

Sean Jones said:

Fight the good fight!

--
Trina Sandress
@trina-sandress
13 years ago
87 posts

I wouldn't suggest using vaseline on any kind of hair. It leaves a build up, it is really thick and unfortunately a lot of hair care products geared towards African American are petroleum based. You would bebetter off going the natural route when it comes to the health of your dreads.

taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts

petroleum goes in your car, never ever on your skin or your hair! Why do people still buy petroleum jelly?

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form