Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Soap nuts for washing dreads?

bobbi blaine
@bobbi-blaine
13 years ago
11 posts

Anyone try soap nuts/berries on their dreads?

updated by @bobbi-blaine: 01/13/15 09:09:49PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

it s been discussed several times some said they used it for laundry and stuff i cant remember if anyone ever used em on dreads but i sure would be interrsted in if they did and how it worked ..send me some ill try it :)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Angel Frye
@angel-frye
13 years ago
409 posts

Soapnuts or "aritha" powder supposedly is very good for hair and nourishing. Read about it a while back while learning about hair teas. I haven't tried it myself, though.

That'd be awesome to have someone try it and write here about it.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

didnt work? as in what ..left residue> didnt get em clean?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
crazy87jim
@crazy87jim
12 years ago
8 posts

My hair still isn't long enugh to dread but the soap nuts leave a lt of natural ils in the hair. I'm still gonna hold out with them though because one opinion isnt enough for me (and besides I have a sack of the things still in my kitchen)

crazy87jim
@crazy87jim
12 years ago
8 posts

Yeah I put them in a cloth bag and chuck them in the bath, at first I didn't think they were getting me clean, but later realised that they were simply leaving a lot of natural oils behind, which has had a beneficial effect on my skin. My hair is only four inches long, but I do get the feeling it may be too oily for dreads. They are a great chemical free laundry soap though, same principal of just chucking them in a bag when you put a load on. I may look into the soap nut powder extract for my hair or something.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form