Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

loctician craving natural dreads

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

been talking to a loctician on facebook that just cut off these crochetted dreads

because he regretted the way they were started and maintained and wanted real natural dreads

he still makes dreads with crochret but tries to educate people on why they should be patient and dread naturally

hes now almost bald staring a whole new journey

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Tara C
@tara-c
13 years ago
644 posts

Cool that he's decided to go it again a natural way, and that he's trying to educate people more. It's easy for people ignorant to dreads (myself included) can come across people who tell you to backcomb or use wax or a million other things, so I think it's good to have people with more insight who are able to set people straight before they do something unnecessary or damaging

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea we talked a few hours (even though his english isnt great) hes against basicly everything locticians do but loves doing dreads he tries to teach them but sa=ys they never listen they all want the instant uniform dread thing hes really u=into natural dreads and thing=]ks its rediculouse he money ppl pat him s]\for extentions and fake lookig dreads but i guess if ppl throw money at him u cant blame him for taking it

--
Angelika
@angelika
13 years ago
12 posts

wow. i think it's really impressive that he does that. After all he probably makes more money from making and maintaining crocheted dreads :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea i was surprised to hear how mycg h he was against al that stuff and thought it was rediculouse ppl wanted instant and uniform dreads he says h tries to get all his clients to read our site before making a decision

--
Damian
@damian
13 years ago
2 posts

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum, I am the person in the photograph.

Cut my dreadlocks last year. Had been made with crochet hook but leaves the last year to experience growing up without needle.I cut them to have natural dreadlocks, I like the idea that you do alone without products or crochet hook.

With my dreadlocks with a crochet needle I had no problems, I'm not against this method, I simply love the dreadlocks and felt the need to experiment with natural dreadlocks because it is the most natural of all.

I do and I maintain dreadlocks crochet needle for more than 5 years. I love to do dreadlocks. Throughout the time I've seen all kinds of dreads, wax, thread, glue, lacquer and many other products do not really need, as you may also be the needle and you can have dreadlocks without a needle. Each person can choose the method, I recommend that natural or handmade (crochet needle).

I always talk to people who want to make your dreadlocks. report on the natural method (although I have no experience). But I have experience with many people who had formed their natural dreadlocks. I always said I liked those natural dreads, but these people wanted to "fix" needle to have a tube and tighter. But most people want their dreadlocks with needle, at least it is so in Argentina. Because they want to look "right" from the beginning.

I do not like the extensions and do not do. no need to use products, my opinion is that the head you just have to have hair. just tangled hair. Regarding needle dreadlocks, I never had any problems. I dreadlocks people 4 years ago that still have their dreads. I maintain dreads to people who have dreadlocks for 8, 10, 14, with crochet hook. I always tell the truth to people, I talk about natural dreadlocks, at least everything I know and they decide to do. We also talk a lot about the danger of the crochet hook. I can define the crochet hook as a double-edged sword. Because its misuse or overuse can break or cut dreadlocks.

forgiveness for the mistakes because I write with an internet translator

I have short hair now waiting to have natural dreadlocksbecause I believe are the most authentic.

and I have my own experience to inform people. =).

Damian

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

"hand made" is better done with hands not needles using twist and rip instead of crochet its way more gentle and more natural

i hope you can educate many there so they choose a better wayy

crochets like an epidemic all over he place like wax used to be

--
Damian
@damian
13 years ago
2 posts

forgiveme for the term handmade. I wanted to say ARTESANAL, is it saidhandcrafted? handcrafted with crochet hook. handmade is with hands =).

could you send me a link to happen to me on since to realize the wash of my hair to obtainNatural dreadlocks?

That to do with the hands under the water?

Of that way to dry the hair?

Thanks!! =)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form