Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

A question about dreads thickness...

Phil Hulford
@phil-hulford
13 years ago
38 posts
So I was thinking and reading a lot about how much dreads change during the course of about a year and my question is...Does the thickness of your dreads depend on the size of your sections and hair type or does the actual length of your hair play any part? somewhere I read that longer hair becomes thicker dreads?My dreads are about 6 weeks now and 2 of them are 1 inch thick (which is wonderful) but my hair only comes to just below my eyes when dreaded.... My natural hair is very thick and wavy and also very soft.Thanks in advance for help :)
updated by @phil-hulford: 01/13/15 09:09:30PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

length dont matter it just means more shrinking the root area size is what determines the thickness however crochet and to a degtrree twisting can make them wayyyy thinner then they should be if theyre an inch at 6 months they might be alot thicker at 12 ..how were they started how big is the section at the scalp

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Phil Hulford
@phil-hulford
13 years ago
38 posts

cool, thought so just was double checking :)

I did backcombing but that all kinda came out is natural is how they are going really, section sizes vary but most are aroun 1 and 1/2 - 2 inches... Big :) I know they will be thick but thats what I wanted just got a little worried as my hair is shorter then last time I did em!

Ye 1 inch thick at 6 weeks I guess is large but I really love em... as you said SE compensating for small other areas....errr...feet :) nah just really enjoy fatties!

How thick is your biggest one?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

thickest is bout an inch maybe slightly more but not alot and thats 6 dreads combined into 1

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Phil Hulford
@phil-hulford
13 years ago
38 posts

hehehe nice one! wow i think if i let 6 dreads congo id have one dread covering the side of my head! keep it up SE :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form