Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

wearng your hair up...

Alive She Cried
@alive-she-cried
13 years ago
51 posts

I always leave my hair down, don't much like to have it up but I recently got a waitress job and I am natural dreading and I have to wear my hair up :O I know how bad it is to wear a hat seems like a tight band on your hair would mess them up ever worse! SAY IT AIN'T SO? maybe I could just loosely tie it back with a piece of yarn while I'm working...kinda bummed about this, they are coming along so nicely!

updated by @alive-she-cried: 01/13/15 09:09:24PM
Alive She Cried
@alive-she-cried
13 years ago
51 posts

might I add I'm only 2 weeks in, seems it would be crucial to NOT wear hair in such a manner

Tara C
@tara-c
13 years ago
644 posts

I wear hats everytime I go outside and it's fine. The big ones though. What kind of hat is it? You can just tie your hair back if they'll let you do that, it's not going to mess the whole thing up. People who begin their dread journey don't just leave their hair out and never touch it until their hair's become perfect dreadlocks, so I'm sure you'll be fine :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

if u can tie em loose thats ddef better then tight

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Alive She Cried
@alive-she-cried
13 years ago
51 posts

I'm going to see what I can do, I have layers so it might be a problem being loose but I think there long enough, thanks brothers~

Canon P
@canon-p
13 years ago
50 posts

if i were you i wouldnt worry. the more u worry the less of a fluid experience they will be. but ya. tye em loosly or wear a wool tam or sumthin like that. i've read that ponytails actually help the dreading proccess but u gotta separate more or else you'l get a mono-dread lol

andy
@andy
13 years ago
1 posts

i would not worry tooo much as i have to put my hair back almost everyday for work and hasnt seemed to effect too much. I would say be carefull wen taking your hair band or tie out bc your hair will wrap around and tangle itself sometimes regardless, give time and you will dread : )

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

thats why u shouldnt use a har band or tie ..u got dreads use your dreads just tie a dread riound the dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Panga
@panga
13 years ago
6 posts
When I wear my hair up I have to use a hair tie. My ends are too loose and wispy to use the dreads. I've tried and they just fall out within minutes. I recently wrapped two dreads, one on each side of my head, to use for tying the dreads back. Unfortunately my hair knelt escaping the wrap. What can I say, my dreads want to be free and not constrained! :) but I do use stretched out hair ties that seem to do the job.

soaring eagle said:

thats why u shouldnt use a har band or tie ..u got dreads use your dreads just tie a dread riound the dreads

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form