Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Australians! Do you do the BS and ACV wash?? I need help with searching for the products

Mark Fry
@mark-fry
13 years ago
39 posts

Hi everyone!

I went looking at Coles today and found Tea Tree oil andLavender oil for $15 for 50ml. I think this is quite expensive. Especiallyif I am meant to be putting in approx 20 drops of each into the BS and the ACV rinse.

I wasn't able to find any Rosemary oil either.... So where do I get these? and what price should I be looking at?

Also does it matter if the Bicarbonate Soda is in powder form? That's all I could find in Coles.

And finally, here's 2 things that has confused me with SE's recipe. Is apple cider vinegar at type of vinegar you buy from the supermarket? and what the hell is cocoa butter? Isn't that some sort of chocolate stuff? I'm not too keen on putting that in my hair haha

Any help would be great help thanks guys!

Thanks so much :)

updated by @mark-fry: 01/13/15 09:09:22PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

dont use the cocoa at all thats a conditioner for mature dreads and thers better options

oils get here http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/index.php?AID=122110&BID=10109

bivcarb is in powder form always

vinager yea the stuff from supermarkets where y get bicarb too they are both common cooking ind=gredients

bicarbs used in baking breads muffins cakes anything really vinagers used in many recipes too

cocoa butter if u use it is a cream no a chocolate lol its got a lovely coconut smell its very conditioning

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mark Fry
@mark-fry
13 years ago
39 posts

Thanks SE. That's great. My dreads are a year old now. Quite tight. I might give the cocoa butter a shot. Maybe not every wash though I'll see how it goes.

I've been using Dr Bronners shampoo for a long time now, but recently I've started to notice some dandruff and my head is itchy. I don't think I've seen a bad post about the BS ACV wash and rinse, so i'll give that a go.

Thanks

soaring eagle said:

dont use the cocoa at all thats a conditioner for mature dreads and thers better options

oils get here http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/index.php?AID=122110&BID=10109

bivcarb is in powder form always

vinager yea the stuff from supermarkets where y get bicarb too they are both common cooking ind=gredients

bicarbs used in baking breads muffins cakes anything really vinagers used in many recipes too

cocoa butter if u use it is a cream no a chocolate lol its got a lovely coconut smell its very conditioning

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

aloes a better choice

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form