Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Mayb impatient but..

Lazdaa
@lazdaa
13 years ago
81 posts

Hey was just wondering, i've had my dreads since late december 2010, and yea they are dreading up but not mature yet and still quite lot of loose hairs.. And need some lench too...
But anyways in the past month, as far as i can tell my hair hardly changed at all...

And yes i know ur all saying just wait, time is every thing when its about dreads. But i just think im kinda "stuck" ?

Have u guys experinced this? is it just a phase u go through where u dreads are slowly dreading up?

Well Thanks anyways :)

updated by @lazdaa: 02/14/15 06:33:42AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea theyre getting closer to mature so they change less and less

how did u start em tho

that can make a diference so can maintenance u do or ont do

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lazdaa
@lazdaa
13 years ago
81 posts

Ehm jea i most say i had no idea this site existed when i even where considering dreads..

Soo i got em made in a saloon .... With backombing and such..

And after that i actually used the DHHQ wax... a little 2 or 3 times a month...

And then i found the site, soo, since then i've tried to get it out but, i dont think i got it all...

Thats pretty much my dread history. And yes i would love if i hadn't used the wax thingy and just went for fully natural but.. we all make mistakes..

And btw i've started to use the bc/acv wash with different oils.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

ohhh right u used dreadheadhq crap /*if that wasnt thouroghly removed that could really slow progress

--
Lazdaa
@lazdaa
13 years ago
81 posts
Well i've tried the orange oils combined Witha some almond, but the problem is, i dont live in the us so i cant get those fancy products to remove it ...
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

try straight undiluted acv soak it good squeeze it out then very hi=ot water and dawn dish sosp i believe u have a version called fairy ligquid or something use alot very hot and scrub like a madman

--
Leah
@leah
13 years ago
32 posts

personally i don't think wax ever comes out. I used wax when I started (over 5 yrs ago) for a couple of months. yes, the outside of the dreads are wax free but somehow I'm sure inside the dreads would still have bits of wax. However, hair grows hey, your new growth will have no wax on it. (der!) I always think dreads go though stages of changing. For months I don't see any change in them and then next time I look in the mirror they're completely different. Love that!

Lazdaa
@lazdaa
13 years ago
81 posts

Uhm.. Do u mean like du an acv wash/soak thats not mixed with water?

And when u say fairy liquid, i found those: http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/Shopping/FindProducts.aspx?Query=Fai...
Which one would u recommend couse there is so many :p

(And it looks like something u do the dishes in, u sure they wont hurt my dreads?

Anyways thanks for all the answears, love the site :D

soaring eagle said:

try straight undiluted acv soak it good squeeze it out then very hi=ot water and dawn dish sosp i believe u have a version called fairy ligquid or something use alot very hot and scrub like a madman

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yes exactly..full strength so it breaks up the wax and removes it it wont get it all but it softens it up enough tio squeeze out some then u do the bvery hot wayer and dawn to get k,more out

u might not ever be sure u got it all but the more u get out the better

--
Lazdaa
@lazdaa
13 years ago
81 posts

Okay thanks..

But wouldn't the vinegar be pretty strong for my scalp?

Should i try not to get it on my skin or do it matters?

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form