Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My new favorite soap...You'll LOVE it !

Torkom
@torkom
13 years ago
19 posts

So I found this soap in an Ethiopian store, it was $5.00 but looked well worth it. Here's whats in it...

Ingredients: African Shea Butter, Aloe, Wheat Bran, Crushed Almonds, Essential Oil Blend, Soaps of Coconut and Palm, Iron Oxides, Vitamin E, Almond Oil, Peppermint Oil, Baking Soda.

100% Vegetarian soap

I just tried this soap for the first time and cannot believe how healthy, clean, and soft my hair is. Plenty of dirt came out even though I had a good wash a couple days ago. I washed my hair twice and let the soap soak in, allowing the baking soda to do its job :) Everything about this soap is positive, I just had to share it with my dread family. Heres a link to where you can get some, the official website for "Nubian Heritage" is down, but you can still find their products on Amazon.

I truly believe EVERYONE will love this soap :)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001E0QI8S/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000MU4E28&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1PXPP6M9V4YGV40DKRZZ

updated by @torkom: 01/13/15 09:09:16PM
Mary
@mary
13 years ago
140 posts

Oh boy I used to be a huge Nubian Heritage soap fan. I used to buy it in Harlem and get six bars for ten dollars and some free incense. I went to the actuall nubian heritage store in Jamaica Queens and they are very helpful, and the bars are 3 dollars each.

That soap did total wonders on my skin but when I moved I was a bit miffed because other places sold the soap for ridiculously high prices. If you go to a mom and pop beauty store they sell varied kinds for 3-5 dollars a bar. I never thought of trying that on my hair! If I could remember which brand did wonders for my skin. I remember it had wildflower bits and came in a brownish box. By the way they sell liquid soap too.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

lil warning its mostly shae and other conditioners it would be disasterouse to use on new non africaf draeads for african and mature dreads im sure its awesome but would not try it on young dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Torkom
@torkom
13 years ago
19 posts

In what ways SE? And what should one look for before it becomes disastrous?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i mean its mostly conditioners so it would prevent or reverse progresss and what would you look for them coming completely untangled

once thwyre mature its probly fine to use every so often when u need conditioning maybe everytime if u tend to be really dry

bu t b4 theyre a year old that will loosen 4em up alot maybe nmake em fall apart depending how far along u are

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mary
@mary
13 years ago
140 posts

SE has a point. I use that stuff for acne, I have never heard of it being used for hair. But they do sell liquid soap so maybe that won't have as much butters and oils.

To be honest I have actually been getting into making my own soap.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form