Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

just curious!!!

laura ewing
@laura-ewing
13 years ago
40 posts

More than a question it is an observation and I would like to know if it is normal or it is just happening to me.

My dreads are a little over three weeks old and I have noticed that the ones on my back and on the bottom of my hair are getting mature faster...is it normal??..why is it that way??...I would love to know about other people experiences!!!:^P

updated by @laura-ewing: 02/14/15 09:37:03AM
Panga
@panga
13 years ago
6 posts

I've had mine for over 1 1/2 months now and I have the same thing going on. The ones along the nape of the neck and behind my ears are getting tight and nicely knotted. I've attributed mine to sleeping on my back and side.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea its from how u sleep

dreading comes from 2 forces movement creating knots compression tightening knots

they will tighten just from movement wothout xcompression just by more knots forming but if u have compression at night they mature faster

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
laura ewing
@laura-ewing
13 years ago
40 posts

thanks!!...and I am having a lot of loosen long hair all over my hair...will the get dreaded eventually??

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

ofcourse but there will always be more taking its place

hair comes out of the head undreaded

some..most..will already be part of a dread so has to dread but some will not be and will have to join a dread or become a dread and even after it becomes 1 more will still sghow up and try to find its home

it all will when its ready but there will always be more

it never ends

it gets much much less when mature

if u let em be dry and stuff u might almost have none but when u gotta condituion u gotta condition and u will hacve some

but when mature even if u condition just about every wash they still will dread when ready bu t you'll just have a bit more loosies then usual

but het y when your dreads are sooo soft and cuddly u wont care

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
laura ewing
@laura-ewing
13 years ago
40 posts

I am not using any conditioner rigth now...I am just using knotty boy bar soap and I just got neutrogena anti-residual...I am planning on using that one once every three washes and see how it goes!!

Kid Ayn Gibran
@kid-ayn-gibran
13 years ago
25 posts

A lot of people knock knottyboy, but they make really good soap. I use Br. Bronner's bar soap and it leaves residue in warm water, but knottyboy never did. I'm thinking about switching. Let me know how that anti-residue works out for you.

laura ewing said:

I am not using any conditioner rigth now...I am just using knotty boy bar soap and I just got neutrogena anti-residual...I am planning on using that one once every three washes and see how it goes!!

laura ewing
@laura-ewing
13 years ago
40 posts

ok...I will let you know!:^)...i am pretty happy with knottyboy...I just got the other to wash my hair every once in a while to get a deeper cleaning!

Kid Ayn Gibran said:

A lot of people knock knottyboy, but they make really good soap. I use Br. Bronner's bar soap and it leaves residue in warm water, but knottyboy never did. I'm thinking about switching. Let me know how that anti-residue works out for you.

laura ewing said:

Will
@will
13 years ago
3 posts
I use Neutrogena Anit-Residue shampoo every time I wash my hair which would be every 4 days. Im 3 weeks into the natural process and my hair is doing pretty good I can see all my hair forming sections and I have a bunch of baby dreads forming very happy with that shampoo with my experience
Lazdaa
@lazdaa
13 years ago
81 posts

U could try the bcs/acv wash. As SE suggested.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form