Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreadlocks and Fibromyalgia

Cameron Zion
@cameron-zion
13 years ago
45 posts
So I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia about 4 months into letting my hair grow out. Now it's finally dreading (my page picture is misleading). Just was wondering if there is anyone on here who has Fibro and if their dreads have made them feel better. Considering stress alone makes my hands feel like there literally burning I figured that dreads (as long they represent/contain positive energy) could reduce my pain. This is not my reason for growing dreads but just curious. Thanks for any replies. Jah Bless"The roots of dreadlocks start in the heart"
updated by @cameron-zion: 01/13/15 09:08:21PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i dont have that but i am a quadriplegic with a really messed up back and so im always in pain and have that burning kinda "nerve pain" all over

i dont take pain nmeds at all ever

i do think my dreads have given me the strength to deal with the pain without pain meds (ive even had surgeries with zero aysthesia and got bored and dozed off and napped when they wouldnt let me watch)

i do think dreads can help you endure more hardships

i mean look at many rastas who have next to nothing living in a shack but they are always so assured thart jah will provide that things never seenm so hard its a celebration of life rather then worrying about the lil things ike comfort hunger or pain

dreads keep u focused on the positives not negatives in your life

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ham'diya Mu
@hamdiya-mu
13 years ago
8 posts

Peace...

I never thought that my dread would be alieve to any pain other than the torture I have done to my head with chemical and such..how ever anything that makes you feel good and in peace with yourself..sure why not.Anything is possible and at that matters is how you feel about yourself and your healing so Right On!!

Cameron Zion
@cameron-zion
13 years ago
45 posts
That's great Soaring Eagle, most people with chronic back pain become dependent on pain med's at some point. I'm on some neurological med's that allow me to walk for part of the day so I can work a bit. But I refuse to take any narcotics, don't need negative energy in my life anymore. I have been able to have a shift in my consciousness through Jah and my new healthy dreads coming in have given me more strength and confidence in myself. Once you know Jah's love everything else in life is icing on the cake. Thank you both this site continues to reinforce my faith in humanity. Jah Bless - Soaring Eagle you have helped me to see a neurological disease that most see as a curse, as a blessing. Thanks for continuing to be a positive force and inspiration. People of the rainbow truly are divine and you can be healed no matter how lost you are. Never lose faith. "Brightest lights come from the darkest places"
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

I too have Fibro and it isn't fun. My hands have pain alot. I also had surgery for carpal tunnel and I have arthritis in them. Somedays my pain is miserable, but I started my dreads for ME and what they give to my spirit and heart is a soothing balm. No one else need understand it, I do...I think by your post you do too. Peace to you brother.

Cameron Zion
@cameron-zion
13 years ago
45 posts
Panterra - Yeah I can relate to the hand pain. I'm a carpenter and now that my hands lose strength and lock up I haven't had much work. I've been pigeon-holed into playing music in town haha. My mom has Fibro too so she's been a great friend and emotional support. If you don't have anyone to talk to about Fibro related stuff please feel free to message me anytime. Just like any illness if you don't actually have it, you can't fully understand it. Is your hair naturally the color in your pictures? Because your locks and hair color are beautiful (and if that color isn't yours it says something that I had to ask). I hope it's not raining wherever you are today :) Jah Bless
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

Cameron, what a sweet person you are. I have seen your posts on not only this thread, but a couple of others. I want you to know that you are a welcome addition here. Wow! A carepenter...that is a hand intensive job. I have done hair for 31 years...another hand stressful career.I have heard that Fibro hits families. My mom, aunt, sister, grandma and cousin all have it too. I have had it about 10 years now. I think that besides the pain, the hardest thing to adjust to is my lack of energy and learning to slow down or take a break. I take naps now, I really have to some days. I don't sleep well at night and I feel like my head is full of oatmeal sometimes if I don't sleep. Oh well, I am sure you understand. I will friend you and then we can talk more :) My profile pic is not me, it is a singer that I admire...but, on my page, those are me (with the bright red hair). I don't know which you are referring to. I am naturally a red head, but I do "help" it along these days! LOL I find that the bright color suits my personality and most people tell me so
as well. No rain here (in Cali) But I do love rain! (Just my hands don't). Sending a smile and peace. Cameron Sean said:

Panterra - Yeah I can relate to the hand pain. I'm a carpenter and now that my hands lose strength and lock up I haven't had much work. I've been pigeon-holed into playing music in town haha. My mom has Fibro too so she's been a great friend and emotional support. If you don't have anyone to talk to about Fibro related stuff please feel free to message me anytime. Just like any illness if you don't actually have it, you can't fully understand it. Is your hair naturally the color in your pictures? Because your locks and hair color are beautiful (and if that color isn't yours it says something that I had to ask). I hope it's not raining wherever you are today :) Jah Bless
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form