Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hi Everyone

Kristiyan Gichev
@kristiyan-gichev
13 years ago
1 posts

I am new to this forum, in fact I've been searching online for a couple of queries and I keep ending up here so I decided to register and ask for myself. I am a graduate who just graduated this summer in Quantity Surveying in London.

I've been wanting to get dreads for about a year now(due to my high love for reggae and besides I think it will suit me). However I've been having serious arguments with my parents about that and mainly the fact that I will not be able to find a job in that field. I want to know if anyone else entered the corporative world with dreadlocks. I assume it would be easier if you have alot of experience in your job, but if you are a newcomer employers will assume you're a pothead. Especially if you are white.

Having this type of hair will bring great joy to me, but I don't know what to do and if it's a good choice. I attach a pic of me for you to see.

updated by @kristiyan-gichev: 01/13/15 09:08:08PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i worked in the corporate world with dreads to the floor

when i left the company they had featured my picture on the companies promotional stuff like posters calanders mugs etc

we have 1 dready here (also natural dreads) whos finnishing his phd in ..rocket science.. and will soon be working for nasa

we have 2 or 3 drs

several working in law offices

we haqve probably 8 or so preists and ministers

experience helps yes ..work ethics personality attitude confidence all matter more when interviewn=ing then appearance

you walk in there like you dont have dreads and like you know you desserve the job and u will get it if the dreads are brought up act confused like you are caufht off gard and have no idea at all why they'd even ask about your hair

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
jenni helloworld
@jenni-helloworld
13 years ago
16 posts

DO IT! You should always do what makes you happy. Do what S.E. said, confidence is where its at!

Jeanna
@jeanna
13 years ago
20 posts
I think they would suit you.
Mary
@mary
13 years ago
140 posts

On the upside I can totally imagine you with dreadlocks! Although on the downside they make you look very relaxed. I think you should do what makes you happy. There are people on here that are school teachers and they manage to accessorize.

Trina Sandress
@trina-sandress
13 years ago
87 posts

I thought even before having dreads that I would have a problem with finding a job with just having my natural afro textured hair. But I was so determined to be me not matter what and ended getting jobs regardless. When I decided to stopping combing my hair and let it dread on its own I had no problem with getting a job. I think if you present yourself in a neat and clean way then you have nothing to worry about.

There are actors,lawyers,doctors,computer programmers,scientist etc. that wear dreads. There are many examples of hairstyles to wear here and there an online for dreadlocks just have fun with it. Remember too that you will project whatever you are thinking and as long as you know what you are,who you are you will present this type of person to the world.

Check out the book DREADS and it shows all types of people with dreads of different nationalities and from all over the world in different profession wearing dreads. It is a very inspirational book that I purchased that in the beginning of my dread journey encouraged me to follow my heart and to be my own natural self.

You have lots of support and help here so don't be shy to ask any question you may have regarding dreads.

Blessings to you and yours,

Trina Sandress

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form