dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Locksteady tropical tightening gel from knottyboy

Snuf
@snuf
13 years ago
9 posts

Hey guys and gals :)

Have looked around the web for some stuff to tighten my dreads and come across this product from knottyboy (i know they are the evil ones, but still ;) )

http://www.knottyboy.com/shop/product/locksteady_tropical_tightening_gel/

Anyone tried it or got an opinion?

Stuff like Knottyboy sucks and such are not welcomed (cause i know wax is crap)

But my hair is getting loose and i got no wax and shit in it ofc. and i wash it with natural shampoo or BS.. What should i do? Give this a try or what?

I also got a few dreads that have a very weak root and I'm afraid they will fall off :/

Thanks a lot for your time :D

/Snuf

(I'm very busy at the moment so maybe I wont get time to answer before tomorrow, but I'll read it all and answer)

updated by @snuf: 01/13/15 09:08:08PM
Snuf
@snuf
13 years ago
9 posts

btw here's the ingredients, doesn't sound to bad in my ears

Ingredients: 100% Pure Aloe Vera, Certified Organic Hemp Seed Oil, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Lime Essential Oil

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

it wont tighten it wil slow progress its all conditioners but aloe shrinks as it dries so appears to tighte temporarily

time

sea salt sprays

wool

those tighten dreads really

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Snuf
@snuf
13 years ago
9 posts

Okay, but what to do with the loose roots? I don't want any dreads to fall off, and it would be nice if they got more tighten, now they just get more and more loose it feels like..

I've had dreads for precisely 8 months today :D

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

they start to tighten around 8 mionths but what have u done to thekm that weakened them?

leave the roots alone

they will tighten themselves

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Snuf
@snuf
13 years ago
9 posts

I have done nothing to the roots.. it's only on lets say 2 dreads the root is weak.. And I think its because they are made by to little hair?

First starting to tighten now? :O they are made with a combination of crochet needle, backcombing and twist and rip.. I can upload a few pictures so you can see what I mean about loosen..

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form