Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

shampoo

laura ewing
@laura-ewing
13 years ago
40 posts

A friend gave me this shampoo callled dread head HQ...and I was just wondering if it is good for dreads...she told me it help to make your dreads lock faster..do anybody know about it??

updated by @laura-ewing: 02/14/15 09:58:21AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

dreadheadhwq is pure crap and a scam it will give u dandruff though

but i think you used wax right?

it might help remove wax tho dawn dish soaps better

id boycott dreadhjheadhq at all costs but if it was free use it the worse that will happen is u get dandruff

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
laura ewing
@laura-ewing
13 years ago
40 posts

nooo...I didnt use any wax and i am not planing on using it never!!...I were going to get knoty boy bar soap and she told me she had the dreadheadhq so since it is residue free i thougth it would be good!!...she also told me that it made her roots stick together pretty bad and that scared me a little!!..that is why I am asking if somebody used before

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i would never use anything from either company

jst try the baking soda recipie u wont ever want to use shampoo again

but if u want a good dread bar the maylees gardens bar in our shops here is best

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Julian
@julian
13 years ago
27 posts

I wouldn't use it. Not only does it have SLS but a lot of other salts added, which dries your scalp way too much. Your scalps then going to overproduce sebum to combat the dryness. thats probably why she said it made her roots stick together since sebum is waxy. I used it for a long time and since ive stopped my scalps gotten better, but all that sebum is hard to remove.

laura ewing
@laura-ewing
13 years ago
40 posts

it makes sense about the sebum...she said she was washing her hair very often with the shampoo and it got really bad...I was just thinking that maybe using it once a week it wouldnt hurt too bad..but now that you said so I am thinking about using it or not...and about the baking soda..I heard about it a lot and every body sounds pretty happy about it so...I will probably end up using it!...thanks guys for the tips!!

laura ewing
@laura-ewing
13 years ago
40 posts

So what are you using now to wash your hair??

Julian said:

I wouldn't use it. Not only does it have SLS but a lot of other salts added, which dries your scalp way too much. Your scalps then going to overproduce sebum to combat the dryness. thats probably why she said it made her roots stick together since sebum is waxy. I used it for a long time and since ive stopped my scalps gotten better, but all that sebum is hard to remove.

Julian
@julian
13 years ago
27 posts

hi, sorry i took so long to reply. right now im using knotty boy liquid shampoo, it has peppermint, teatree, and rosemary oils. once thats gone im gonna start the bs/acv wash. I would have started that earlier, but my scalp was so bad i was worried about the white mud thing. im also gonna pick up some neutrogena anti-residue shampoo to help get rid of the sebum in my roots.

laura ewing said:

Julian said:

laura ewing
@laura-ewing
13 years ago
40 posts

no worries!!....I am using notty boy bar soap too I still dont know how it works for me since I only used once but I am going to continue using it and I am going to get the neutrogena too cuz I heard is good and leave your hair real clean,I will use it only once a month or so...thank you so much for the info!!...how old are your dreads??

Julian said:

hi, sorry i took so long to reply. right now im using knotty boy liquid shampoo, it has peppermint, teatree, and rosemary oils. once thats gone im gonna start the bs/acv wash. I would have started that earlier, but my scalp was so bad i was worried about the white mud thing. im also gonna pick up some neutrogena anti-residue shampoo to help get rid of the sebum in my roots.

laura ewing said:

Julian said:

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form