Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

1 Year Dreads Loosening ?

ashley ✿
@ashley
13 years ago
167 posts

Okay, so my dreads are over one year and recently someone told me that they are unraveling? I used the TnR method and i have been seeing that some of the congos that were created a long time ago are starting to come undone a little, i don't know what's wrong but i will attach a few pictures to show you what im talking about.

updated by @ashley: 01/13/15 09:07:46PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

ppl see loose hairs and think theyre unraveling mine are 20 years old and after i conduition alot ive had ppl ask if theyre unraveling even though they are tight as can be but what i do see is splitting the congos..were they forced? beaded together? i think they didnt want to congo so are trying to be seperate dreads again

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
13 years ago
362 posts

My t&r dreads are two years old and I can assure you that this is just a normal part of dreads maturing. Sometimes when I get a really large split, I seperate it into two dreads... other times I force a congo. Just depends on how they lay on my scalp (whether there's pulling or not, ect.). Don't worry about the opinions of other people... you can feel how tight or loose your dreads are, and loose dreads are the precursor to tight dreads! You can't create knots if there's no room for movement! I'd just leave them be and decide what you want to happen with that splitting congo and keep watching the fun knot up!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form