Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Science Of Dreads

Austin Potter
@austin-potter
13 years ago
54 posts

I understand that your dreads shrink and once the shrink they get longer and once they start growing they grow fast. aslo they get thicker sometime during the process. hahaha can some one explain to me what the dreads do and why the shrink first then get long. im interested in the Science of it? lol

updated by @austin-potter: 01/13/15 09:07:36PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

ummm..they knot

its not that complicated haha

tie a knot in a rope the ropes shorter with a fater knot

tie 10000000 knits in the rope and the ropes 1/4 the length it was

ok science dictates that the shortest distance betweeen 2 points is a line

take that line and turn t into a chaotic crumpled gumble and you defy science in a way the shortest distance between root and tip to is still a line as defined by a dread but a crumpling of the hair as defined by the line of the hair

if you read scifi its wormwhole theory the distance between the alpha and gama quadrant (who ever thought id use start treck ds9 as a dreading examle) is compressed to a shorter distance by increased graviton waves between point a and b these can be concidered knotting of subspace

damn u really had to ask for the science behind knotting?

ok take a string easure it then "dreadball" it crumple it up into a ball isnt it shrter now?

soorry just havin lil fun with explaining such a simple concept

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Austin Potter
@austin-potter
13 years ago
54 posts

hahahaha no problem.lol its just interesting to me ha soonce they stop shrinking they just grow in dreads. is it because as the loose hair at the base just dread naturally. its weird because i would just think that they would always get longer. but they dont. they shrink then get long haha idk maybe im just an idiot lol haha but you should put the science of dreads in the dreadeducation and explain it just like you did too me hahaha

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

it shrinks as it tightens once its tight as it gets the growth is normal rate of hair growth

--
Jdwood
@jdwood
13 years ago
275 posts

Makes me think of string theory lol!
soaring eagle said:

ummm..they knot

its not that complicated haha

tie a knot in a rope the ropes shorter with a fater knot

tie 10000000 knits in the rope and the ropes 1/4 the length it was

ok science dictates that the shortest distance betweeen 2 points is a line

take that line and turn t into a chaotic crumpled gumble and you defy science in a way the shortest distance between root and tip to is still a line as defined by a dread but a crumpling of the hair as defined by the line of the hair

if you read scifi its wormwhole theory the distance between the alpha and gama quadrant (who ever thought id use start treck ds9 as a dreading examle) is compressed to a shorter distance by increased graviton waves between point a and b these can be concidered knotting of subspace

damn u really had to ask for the science behind knotting?

ok take a string easure it then "dreadball" it crumple it up into a ball isnt it shrter now?

soorry just havin lil fun with explaining such a simple concept

Austin Potter
@austin-potter
13 years ago
54 posts

ok that makes since. so the whole dread has tobe dreaded untill they start getting longer that explains why it takes so long. i have wispy ends at most of my dreads so that will all me knotty before length starts. right?

Amelia Nantume Marie Mayer
@amelia-marie-dreadybear
13 years ago
18 posts

not sure about the ends, but my dreads will be a year old, and I'm already at 2 inches of new growth, and my ends are still wispy. I think the ends take a bit longer depending on how they are forming,. Some of my ends are already completely dreaded, but others, mostly those that I back-brushed the heck out of, have got like two to three separate little tails of undreaded hair hangin on them. I have braided the ones I could, and they turned into solid dread in about three weeks time. You might try braiding your ends, too. Hope that helps! :D

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

nah u should leave the ends whicspy they dry 5 times faster that way

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

no the dreads just gotta be tight and its better if the ends stay whispy forever

Austin Potter said:

ok that makes since. so the whole dread has tobe dreaded untill they start getting longer that explains why it takes so long. i have wispy ends at most of my dreads so that will all me knotty before length starts. right?

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form