Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Those loops near your root dude.

Saphire Fav
@saphire-fav
13 years ago
12 posts
Im sure everyone with dreads have come into contact with those loopys near your dreadys root. I know! that we all have gone crazy trying to figure out how to eliminate this loopty loop. Have you tried crocheting, rubbing, palm rubbing or just plain playing with it? You soon learn nothing is going to completely banish this loop. So you drive yourself nuts, right? Well stop.These loops form and you have to ignore. In one of my dreads as we speak, there is a huge loop at the root. About 3 days ago it was one insane loopty loop that wanted to take over the world. Now, it has become two. The second is alot smaller but its knotting none the less. I assume because I have stopped twisting it, this will be the last loop i see. But im sure I am wrong.So dont let these loopys to destroy your dreams and hopes of beautiful dreads. Just give it time to let dreads do what there best at, knotting up. ;)
updated by @saphire-fav: 01/13/15 09:07:32PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

no i have never crochetted twisted rubber or rolled it no they never drove me crazy

nio i have never done a thing to try to get rid of them

hell i never even noticed them

wghy?

because i used shadows not mirrors to tell me how my dreads loked

all i ever needed to know was if 1 was sticking up weird if so id rearange it

other then that i didnt care what they sdid

and whatever it was they did they duid beautifully

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Nichole Currier
@nichole-currier
13 years ago
53 posts

i have a somewhat large loop in the back of my head, and i make a point to look at it a few times a day, i love my loops, i don't have very many yet, but the most defiant dreads, are by far my favorite, and it might sound weird to say this, but they remind me of me, i was definitely, without a doubt, a crazy, defiant child/teenager, and the more i mature, the more i calm down, but there is times, i miss my crazy days, because of so many memories , and i know that as my hair matures, i will see less of them, and they will get less crazy also, and i'm really gonna miss it :(, but i see my hair as starting from babies, growing as i was, and maturing like i am, kind of like they're growing with me :), and no matter how mature myself, or my babies get, there will always be kinks and loops, it's just the way i am, and the way i'm supposed to be, just like my hair <3

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

you said that about perfectly :)

Nichole Currier said:

i have a somewhat large loop in the back of my head, and i make a point to look at it a few times a day, i love my loops, i don't have very many yet, but the most defiant dreads, are by far my favorite, and it might sound weird to say this, but they remind me of me, i was definitely, without a doubt, a crazy, defiant child/teenager, and the more i mature, the more i calm down, but there is times, i miss my crazy days, because of so many memories , and i know that as my hair matures, i will see less of them, and they will get less crazy also, and i'm really gonna miss it :(, but i see my hair as starting from babies, growing as i was, and maturing like i am, kind of like they're growing with me :), and no matter how mature myself, or my babies get, there will always be kinks and loops, it's just the way i am, and the way i'm supposed to be, just like my hair <3

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Nichole Currier
@nichole-currier
13 years ago
53 posts

just saying how i feel :) thank you

soaring eagle said:

you said that about perfectly :)

Nichole Currier said:

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

personally the loops near my roots drive me nuts and they hurt, too. my locs rotate as their knotting and it pulls soawkwardlythat it causes pain on my scalp. i wish they would hurry the hell up and knot the rest of the way so the pulling will be more evenly distributed. ugh:(

Nichole Currier
@nichole-currier
13 years ago
53 posts

Try sleeping with a loose tam, or with your hair tied up loosely, it should help relieve some tension, and make sure you're separating, one of the loops i have near the scalp was bothering me quite a bit, and i didn't realize it was trying to mate with another dread, in a weird spot also, so i think that's what alot of the pulling was coming from, i don't know how but when separating my hair, i was managing to miss that one spot.. if that's not the cause, maybe you could try and wrap it, for a while, see if it helps with the tugging, just be sure to adjust the loop so it's sitting comfortably inside of the wrap :) goodluck

Heather said:

personally the loops near my roots drive me nuts and they hurt, too. my locs rotate as their knotting and it pulls soawkwardlythat it causes pain on my scalp. i wish they would hurry the hell up and knot the rest of the way so the pulling will be more evenly distributed. ugh:(

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

thanks, nichole. unfortunately tying my hair up pulls more on my problem sections. they're right on top of my head next to my part and even putting on a headband hurts. over the last few months they have beenalternatingthe pulling as it gets closer to my scalp. i've been separating those ones in particular after every wash so i know that they aren't connected to any other dreads. i've also been just wearing my hair down a lot lately because i don't feel the pull as much that way. i'm sure it will work itself out in time and it wouldn't bug me at all if it didn't hurt. i hate having thin hair:(

Nichole Currier said:

Try sleeping with a loose tam, or with your hair tied up loosely, it should help relieve some tension, and make sure you're separating, one of the loops i have near the scalp was bothering me quite a bit, and i didn't realize it was trying to mate with another dread, in a weird spot also, so i think that's what alot of the pulling was coming from, i don't know how but when separating my hair, i was managing to miss that one spot.. if that's not the cause, maybe you could try and wrap it, for a while, see if it helps with the tugging, just be sure to adjust the loop so it's sitting comfortably inside of the wrap :) goodluck

Heather said:

Nichole Currier
@nichole-currier
13 years ago
53 posts

:( that does suck, if you find any relief let me know, maybe even 100% aloe, maybe it will condition it but not too much, just enough for the loop to loosen up a little bit,, and make it managable?? idk just trying to help lol, keep me posted :) good luck with it! hope you find relief soon, i know how bad that can suck, i had the same problem in my first set, but i wrapped the loop in a comfy pos. and it helped me, sorry you can't get the same relief :( <3

Heather said:

thanks, nichole. unfortunately tying my hair up pulls more on my problem sections. they're right on top of my head next to my part and even putting on a headband hurts. over the last few months they have beenalternatingthe pulling as it gets closer to my scalp. i've been separating those ones in particular after every wash so i know that they aren't connected to any other dreads. i've also been just wearing my hair down a lot lately because i don't feel the pull as much that way. i'm sure it will work itself out in time and it wouldn't bug me at all if it didn't hurt. i hate having thin hair:(

Nichole Currier said:

Heather said:

Nichole Currier
@nichole-currier
13 years ago
53 posts

they're not just by the scalp, they can form anywhere, and it's exactly what it sounds like.. they're little loops in the dread lol, i have a video on my page of my update and show a few of mine :)

Desirae Rose said:

What loops are you talking about? Is it a texture thing? I look at my roots all the time and don't see any loops. =/

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form