Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Wow not washig hair for 25 months?

Valentin the Jellyfish
@valentin-the-jellyfish
13 years ago
79 posts
I was watching this video on youtube this chick had pretty nice natural dreads, she had them for 25 months. But she hasnt washed them that whole time, i dont know if its just me or is that a really long time to not wash your hair.
updated by @valentin-the-jellyfish: 02/14/15 07:45:41AM
Leah
@leah
13 years ago
32 posts

yeah sounds awful. yuck! I saw a guy on telly about 6 months ago that did the same thing (but with normal hair.) His hair actually ended up looking soft and shiney. Something to do with your natural oils on your scalp will keep it looking good. When we wash often we get rid of the natural oils. Still, I don't like the idea of it. No thanks!

Valentin the Jellyfish
@valentin-the-jellyfish
13 years ago
79 posts
I dont really know what she meant

Desirae Rose said:
Sounds icky, but it also depends on what she meant. Did she mean she hasn't cleaned them at all in 25 months?

But if by 'not washing' she meant not using shampoo she could still be cleaning her hair, just in a non-traditional sense.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

we had 1 guy on here whio hadnt washed his in 6 years he complaimned about the wait

i told him if he washed them hed probly lose about 5 pounds of dirt

it sure dont spund pleasant

i go nots if i cant wash mine for 2 weeks

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Valentin the Jellyfish
@valentin-the-jellyfish
13 years ago
79 posts
i saw this guy on youtube that lived in thailand or vietnam i forgot, but he has been growing his dreads for 35 years, they are 18 ft long and hasnt washed them in 10 years
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

i know exactly who you're talking about and she actually has been on this site before. she hasn't washed it or even gotten it wet at all in that time period. i personally think its gross and she has even said "yes, they're dirty and yes, they smell".

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

is it anna? or whatever her name is?

--
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

i think its smay. her dreadlocks are beautiful but i can just imagine how much stuff is built up on her scalp and in her hair.

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

to each his own, i guess.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i washed my yesterday and already l9ooking forward to next time i wash em haha

--